The BRS Canister is waterproof when the original factory seal remains intact, making it the perfect design for exterior installations. With a six year repack schedule and versatile mounting hardware, it is one of the most popular systems. Check list for installing an Emergency Parachute System in your light sport aircraft.
1) Make sure the parachute meets the ASTM standard for airframe emergency parachutes.
2) Coordinate with the parachute manufacturer to ensure a proper installation.
ALL BRS 6 Parachutes are ASTM compliant
(1) All weights are approximate and include appropriate rocket. Overall system weights will increase with inclusion of activation assembly, mounting hardware, and attachment bridles.
(2) All dimensions are approximate and do not include appropriate rocket, frame (softpack only), and rocket mount.
(3) The BRS]172 and 182 dimensions include container relative to installed position in aircraft.