Note: Harnesses are intended for use with experimental aircraft only. See "Harness" tab for details.
MGL's air band VHF transceiver is the first commercial product of its kind to utilize modern receiver and transmitter technology. All audio processing and much of the receiver and transmitter circuitry is fully digital resulting in an outstanding quality experience unavailable with traditional technology.
VHF Airband transceiver based on modern digital signal processing technology with built in multi-mode dual circuit intercom system.
Download the Cutout Size
Download the Full Manual
Small Size: The V10 fits in a round 3 1/8” instrument hole, but has a mounting depth of only 2.2” + connectors! The shallowest mounting depth of any aviation radio. This is possible due to the use of all digital components.
Light Weight: Approximately 8.8 oz (about 0.5 lb). One of the lightest out there - great when every ounce counts!
Powerful: 6 full Watts of transmit power. Huge power for a small package.
Digital Interface: Set frequency on the radio from an MGL Avionics EFIS or any equipment capable of setting frequency on the SL40 radio.
Built-in VOX / VOGAD Intercom: The V10 features a high quality intercom system (not a ‘hot mic’ - this intercom is really usable as your primary intercom!). The intercom has 2 channels, but can be used in 4-place aircraft by connecting multiple headsets to the passenger channel. There are several modes of operation for the intercom, including VOX options and MGL Avionics’ proprietary VOGAD system. VOGAD (or voice-operated gain-adjusting device) works by adjusting the gain of the microphone as your speak based on the level of your voice. This has the effect of eliminating background/engine noise between your words as you speak and can be used with simple passive headsets to produce the results normally obtained using expensive active noise cancelling headsets. It doesn’t ‘break squelch’ like a VOX intercom - it is activated by your voice and is constantly adjusting to your voice level.
Note: Harnesses are intended for use with experimental aircraft only.Part No. 11-11899: Custom harness for MGL Avionics V10 VHF Radio TransceiverPart No. 11-11901: 3 ft harness with jacks attached for MGL Avionics V10 VHF Aviation Radio Transceiver
- 6W TX carrier power (unmodulated). Typical Power at 13.8V (6.5-7W)
- 108.00 to 117.75 MHz navigation channel RX (sound only, no navigation functions)
- 118.00 to 136.75 MHz coverage (RX and TX)
- Large sunlight readable LCD display
- 100 channels with alphanumeric frequency name and function
- 10 frequency lists (Garmin/Icom communications compatible)
- Active and standby frequency/channel selection system
- Dual scan with priority on active using single transceiver
- Download V10 Frequency List Editor here.
- Works with Windows (32-bit).
- This application is used to create frequency lists for upload to V10.
- Dual watch with priority on active using two transceivers connected to each other (one for active, one for standby frequency, full redundancy operation possible)
- Comprehensive dual communication links for fully redundant remote control from two independent EFIS panels
- SL30 and SL40 communications compatible with MGL extensions to enable full remote control of entire transceiver with status feedback
- Fully digital audio subsystem using 18 bit resolution CODEC for excellent dynamic range
- Dual circuit digital intercom system (Pilot and passenger circuit)
- User selectable ambient noise suppression system and VOX modes:
- Traditional VOX with adjustable level and fading mute
- MGL Avionics proprietary VOGAD ambient noise elimination system.
- Switchable voice band filter for extremely high noise environments
- Auxiliary audio input for EFIS or music systems (two inputs)
- Adjustable microphone levels with bar graph display of levels - easily adjust for best performance
- Pilot and passenger PTT circuits
- Pilot and passenger PTT join or isolate
- Audio output drives 8 ohm speaker or 600 ohm headsets
- Fully digital class-D modulator for best in class power efficiency during transmit
- Excellent TX sound quality with digitally controlled modulation
- Highly accurate and stable fully digital PLL frequency source operating at 5 GHz (DPLL)
- Dual superhet receiver with 45 MHz 1st IF and 455 kHz 2nd IF
- Bargraph display of received signal level
- Bargraph display of transmitted audio level - see how well your TX carrier is modulated (visual sidetone)
- Field updatable software (requires PC with RS232) - subject to FCC restrictions
- PC based interface and simulation application available free. Maintain your frequency databases on your PC and upload if you prefer (requires RS232 port or USB to RS232 converter)
- Wide voltage range operation - 10V to 28VDC
- Super low power consumption: RX 120mA, TX 1.2A (at 13.8V DC)
- Large keys, no knobs - possible to operate with gloved hands, ideal for open cockpit aircraft
- Fits standard 3 1/8" hole (3.5" between mounting holes diagonal)
- Very low weight: 250 grams (~1/2 lbs)
- Very small mounting depth, only 5.5cm (2.2") plus connectors
- Zero internal adjustment and calibration during either production or service, no adjustable inductors, capacitors or anything else for long stability and service life
- Low cost - best "bang for the buck" airband radio ever created
Radio out performs others at twice the cost !!
Intercom works better than any add on
Transmission an receive is the best
Power consumption is non existence
Weight is 8.8 ounces
Great radio !!
Is this transceiver certified?
This unit, part number 11-07817, is designed to meet all TSO-C37D, TSO-C38D, and TSO-C128 standards. Field approval is necessary and complies with part Rule 15 of the FCC rules and is registered under the following FCC ID: WSJV10. Also designed to meet EUROCAE ED-14D / RTCA DO-160D.
Is it possible to switch between frequencies (Flip Flop) on the MGL V10 using a remote button mounted on the control stick?
Per the manufacture at this time there is no remote flip flop option as you will have to use the display button.
What is the channel spacing for the MGL V10 Transceiver?
Per the manual, the MGL V10 Airband Transceiver can display the 50KHZ, 25KHZ frequencies. the European version can display the 8.33 frequency.
Please check the boxes for the options that you would like to add.
Leave all boxes unchecked for unit only.
Click Next to continue to Shopping Cart.