Note: Harnesses are intended for use with experimental aircraft only. See "Harness" tab for details.
from the ground up, the XCOM offers superior performance under the demanding
and noisy conditions experienced in many amateur built aircraft. With
low power consumption, this radio is ideally suited to use in gliders,
homebuilts and ultralights. A full 6-Watt carrier and +20 Watt PEP output
ensure that you will be heard above the general chatter in busy airspace
and the full VOX intercom with music input will enhance your enjoyment
of the flight. With expanded receive range up to 163 MHz, the XCOM 760
provides NOAA Weather reception and has an optional CAP capability, ensuring
that you are always aware of impending weather conditions.
Additional safety enhancements such as dual watch allows the pilot to listen
to the standby frequency while still monitoring the primary frequency. The XCOM
760 also has 99 memory channels, large volume and channel selector knobs and
well spaced buttons. This radio is extremely easy to operate even when wearing
flight gloves and you can even check the condition of your battery with the built
in voltage monitor.
Software update capability and Internet downloads mean that you are always provided
with the latest features. The XCOM 760 offers superior quality, enhanced features
and improved performance over many of the more expensive airband radios, without
the high cost found in other brands.
Value for your money and performance have quickly established the XCOM 760
as the standard radio for light sport aircraft use.
- New easier to read LCD screen
- Several software updates
- Memory scanning of up to 99 memory channels
- Streamlined software increasing reliability and performance
- Music/Second comm input is now user selectable for another VHF, UHF or Music input
- Added sidetone volume adjustment
- Improved AGC controls for close and powerful stations
- Improved speaker output for glider operations
- Worlds Smallest and Lightest VHF Com
- Dual Watch Monitor active & standby channels
- 121.5 Emergency Channel Priority
- Extended Receive Range
Note: Harnesses are intended for use with experimental aircraft only. If you have a Rotax or Jabiru, Xcom recommends 11-07992 electrolytic capacitor (see accessories).Part No. 11-11927 (XCOM 2 PLACE CUSTOM WIRE HARNESS): Comes with 5 foot leads for power, ground, pilot, & co-pilot. Jacks required but not attached. (see Accessories)Part No. 11-11934 (XCOM 2 PLACE 5FT HARNESS WITH JACKS ATTACHED): Comes with 5 ft leads for power, ground, Pilot and co-pilot with jacks attached.
- Approvals: FCC, FAA, ACA
- Tested to TSO C37d and C38d, environmental DO-160D
- Receiver Class D
- Transmitter Class 4
- 118.000 to 136.975 MHz , 760 channels transmit and receive ( AM )
- 160 to 163 MHz NOAA weather channels Receive
- 137 to 163 MHz general coverage receive ( 12.5 kHz frequency steps , user enabled, default is OFF )
- 108 to 117.975 VOR Receive ONLY audio (No Nav)
- 140 to 144.00 MHz CAP capable (on request - Special Order)
- QASI Alphanumeric Display - 2 line LCD (bottom line is Alphanumeric)
- Backlighting - Display and keypads, external lighting control volts
- Memories - 99 user definable memories, non volatile (no battery required)
- Sensitivity - AM – better than 12db for 1.0uv (30% modulation at 1khz audio)
- FM – Better than 12db for .3 uV (5kHz deviation at 1Kz audio)
- Transmit Power - >6 watts carrier minimum into 50 ohms
- >+20 watts PEP at 100% modulation
- 3 watts emergency operation (10 volts input)
- Transmit timeout (stuck Mike) 30 seconds default (user selectable)
- Microphones - Electret or Dynamic (user selectable)
- Intercom: 2 place voice activated (VOX) with CD music input
- Auxiliary input for CD/MP3 music system 1 V. P to P max
- Input voltage -13.8Vdc (8 to 17 Vdc Receive , 10.0 volts transmit , reduced output)
- Current consumption - < 80ma Receive (muted) no intercom on.
- 2.0 amps transmit Nominal
- Voltage alert - Low battery indication , user definable (default 10.5 Vdc)
- Voltage alert - High battery indication , user definable (default 15 Vdc)
- Temperature range - minus 20 to +55 degrees C (emergency -40 to + 85 degrees C)
- Part Number 11-02206: XCOM VHF transceiver with DB15 connection and back shell.
- Part Number 11-04491: The XCOM Deluxe package comes complete with XCOM VHF Transceiver , 2 place wiring harness for easy installation, electrolytic capacitor, Comant 121 TSO'd aerial and 2.5 meters double shielded coaxial cable and plugs.
What is the weight of the radio?
It weighs approximately 0.88 lbs, or 14 oz.
What are the dimensions of the XCOM radio and is it certified?
This is a 2-1/4" gauge mount radio. It is 2.4"H, 2.4"W and 5.83"D less the connectors. This is not certified (non-TSO'd) and is intended for experimental aircraft.
Please check the boxes for the options that you would like to add.
Leave all boxes unchecked for unit only.
Click Next to continue to Shopping Cart.