BatteryMINDer® 12248-AA-S5 is a SmarTECHnology™ microprocessor controlled charger/maintainer/desulfator. It is designed with 5-stages and is fully automatic. Having worked closely with Concorde’s® engineering, it is designed to extend the life of Concorde 12V Aviation Sealed AGM (Absorbed Glass Mat) RG® series and Flooded Electrolyte CB Series aircraft batteries. It is equipped with an ambient temperature sensor (ATS) to ensure that batteries will never be overcharged or undercharged regardless of the operating temperature. (0º to 130º F operating range.) Patented full-time high frequency pulse desulfation (NOT high voltage) prevents battery sulfation on new batteries or eliminates in older batteries, the #1 cause of early battery failure. Unit can maintain up to two 12 Volt Aviation batteries at one time when connected in parallel by using part number BC2AY (Insulated battery clip cord set with fused quik-connect paired with 210AY SmarTechnology™ Y-Connector.)2
Never connect two or more batteries together before fully charging each and checking its condition. Failure to fully charge each battery and check its condition can result in a serious safety hazard.
Features & Benefits:
- For all types of 12 Volt Concorde® Aviation Batteries including sealed AGM-maintenance-free and filler cap maintenance type.
- Temperature sensor automatically reduces or increases BatteryMINDers’ output voltage to ensure battery is never over or under charged regardless of Hi/Low temperature extremes.
- Auto-selection for charge rate and battery types ensures compliance with battery manufacturer’s specifications.
- Auto restart after a power failure.
- Safely charges up to 200% faster than conventional chargers.
- Maintains up to 2 batteries at a time (parallel connected) with use of part BC2AY combo connector assembly.
- Automatically dissolves power-robbing sulfation using safe low voltage pulse technology (U.S. Patented).
- Microprocessor controlled pulsed output ensures 100% full charge.
- Temperature compensation extends battery life by more than 200 Cycles (full-charge-discharge cycles) with ATS temperature sensor, when compared to chargers without a temperature sensor.
- High efficiency design = low monthly operating costs of less than 50 cents based on running 24-7 at an electricity cost of 18 cents / Kilowatt Hr.
- Provides short circuit, spark, polarity reversal, and thermal runaway protection.
- Maximizes battery life and capacity; reconditions most weak batteries.
- FCC certified.
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON USING PRODUCT OUTDOORS: Weather-tight enclosure. Always mount units in vertical position with cord sets exiting downward to ensure weather tight integrity. Unit must be mounted this way to ensure long term trouble-free life including weatherproof integrity. Mounting in any other manner or using unmounted (parallel to ground) except indoors may cause unit to fail due to water intrusion that is unable to drain correctly to avoid damage.
- BC-AA: Insulated battery clip cord set with fused qwik-connect plug, 2ft.
- ATS-1: Ambient Temperature Sensor (installed)
- BM-AIK2: BatteryMINDer Airframe Interface kit provides standard aircraft parts acceptable under §21.9 for a FAA certificated mechanic to fabricate and attach a fused, 2-wire harness to a certified aircraft’s lead acid storage battery, for the purpose of connecting an aviation-specific BatteryMINDer® brand of low-current, continuous-duty, maintenance-type battery charger.
- BC2AY: Insulated Battery Clip cord set paired with 210AY Y-Connector with SmarTECHnology®
- DCE12: DC Extension Cables - 12ft.
- DCE25: DC Extension Cables - 25ft.