1-877-4-SPRUCE | firstname.lastname@example.org
Aircraft Spruce & Specialty Co.
Corona, CA | Chicago, IL
Wasilla, AK | Peachtree City, GA
Brantford, ON Canada
FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $350 (USA ONLY - SOME EXCLUSIONS APPLY) | 877-4-SPRUCE
PIPER CABIN DOOR AND OVERHEAD TRIM REPLACEMENT HANDLES
MFR Model# DR-001
Piper no longer produces the trim handle, and an estimated 10% of 31,000 Pipers on the registry which utilize their handles. The OEM handles are a very weak link in the entire door assembly. Everything downstream of the handle is pretty secure. Therefore, they have improved the handle and are STC'd and PMA'd for certified aircraft.
PA 28: All models with automotive style
cabin and overhead trim handles.
PA-24: Door handle:
24-180, s/n 24-1 to 24-3284
24-250, s/n 24-1 to 24843
PA-24: Trim handle: All with overhead trim
PA-32: Door handle: Cabin and Aft door:
PA-32-260 s/n: 32-1 to 32-1110;
PA-32-300 s/n: 32-40000 to 32-40565
Each replacement handle is sold as a complete assembly and everything required to complete the installation.
- Cabin door & overhead trim handles replace Piper OEM "automotive" style pot-metal handles. STC'd for models using this type of door & trim handles.
- Fit, Form & Function: Precision machined/close tolerance construction from solid T6 aluminum & 17-4 stainless steel stock. Made in the USA.
- Failsafe operation & attractive aircraft design come together in these reliable replacement handles. Full five year operational warranty.
- Each handle assembly is complete with everything needed to install.
- The door handle kit includes a new door handle shaft which attaches to the door latch mechanism inside of the door.
- The trim handle is a direct replacement and does not require a shaft replacement.
- Customers Also Viewed
- Frequently Purchased With
I ordered the door handle for my PA-28-180. It seemed a little pricey however, after I received it I was very impressed with the quality and sturdiness of the design. Not only did it greatly improve the appearance of the cabin door by making it look more professional but it is far more robust than the original (and cheap) door handle. I would recommend this to anyone considering buying a replacement door handle. Im planning on ordering the trim handle eventually as well.
February 21, 2017
I purchased this for my PA32-300â€™s aft door. Handle is good but the arrow points the wrong way. It would point the right way on my forward door.
July 26, 2019