1-877-4-SPRUCE | firstname.lastname@example.org
Aircraft Spruce & Specialty Co.
Corona, CA | Chicago, IL
Wasilla, AK | Peachtree City, GA
Brantford, ON Canada
EVERYTHING FOR PLANES AND PILOTS SINCE 1965 | 877-4-SPRUCE
The Helm X650 is the first open GPS system designed for aircraft use. Running Windows Xp allows the user to install and run the software of their choice in a panel mount, or yoke mount configuration.
The X650 was designed, from the ground up, to be used in aircraft. It fits neatly in the avionics stack utilizing a snap in mount that maintains the units portable status. This allows the owner to install the X650 in the avionics stack of a certified aircraft. Remove that old Loran and ADF and install a state of the art gps. A log book entry by an A&P is all that is required. The X650 is also set up to use the RAM mount system of mounts. This allows the unit to be yoke mounted. It’s perfect size means that it fits nicely between the rams horn yokes of any Cessna. The X650 is the perfect solution for any aircraft, and it never gets old. simply install the latest software, and it is like a new GPS all over again.
Note: Software is sold separately.
- 6.5” Touch Screen
- 1000 Nits Brightness
- VGA Resolution 640 x 480
- Solid State Storage
- Built-in Two Axis Gyro
- Built-in GPS
- CPU Intel® Atom™ N270 1.6GHz CPU
- Bios Award 8 Mbit Flash Bios
- System Chip Set Intel® 945GSE/ICH7-M
- I/O Chip ITE 8712F
- System Memory One 200-pin SODIMM socket
- Supports Up to 2 GB DDR2 400/533 SDRAM
- Chipset Intel® 945GSE Integrated
- Display Memory Intel® DVMT 3.0 Supports up to 224 MB Shared
- Video Memory
- Resolution VGA 640X480
- Brightness 1000 Nits LED Backlight Fully Dimmable
- Chipset Intel® ICH7-M
- AC97 Codec Realtek ALC655
- Supports 5.1-CH Audio
- Audio Interface Mic-in, Line-out
- Axis Pitch and Roll Axis
- Communication Through the 12C Bus
- Output Decimal Output 1.5 for each axis at rest
- Range 500 Degrees/Second
- Shock Tolerance 5000g for .3ms
- Channels 32 Independent Tracking Channels
- Sensitivity 158 dBm Tracking
- Update Rate 5 Hz
- NMEA NMEA0183 v3.1
- Baud Rate 57800 Baud
- External Antenna 2.8 VDC Active
- Ant. Connector SMA
- Dimensions 5.2” T x 6.3” W x 2.5” D
- Weight 1.04 KG
- Operating Temp Range 0º C to 60º C
- Operating Humidity 5% to 95% Relative Humidity, Non Condensing
- Compatible with standard Ram Mount Systems
- Panel Mountable with Optional Avionics
- Tray. Snaps in and out to maintain FAA Portable Status.
- Built-in Power Supply for 9 to 36 Volts.
- Built-in Fan with extra large heatsink.
- Processor upgradable from 1.0 to 2.1 Ghz
- Dual CF Storage for inexpensive replacement or storage upgrade.
- Customers Also Viewed
Q: Does the system have RS232 or USB external interface option?
Per the Manufacturer, the Helm X650 comes with 1 RS232 port and 2 USB ports.