1-877-4-SPRUCE | email@example.com
Aircraft Spruce & Specialty Co.
Corona, CA | Chicago, IL
Wasilla, AK | Peachtree City, GA
Brantford, ON Canada
FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $350 (USA ONLY - SOME EXCLUSIONS APPLY) | 877-4-SPRUCE
EASA MODULE 07A AIRCRAFT MAINTENANCE PRACTICES E-BOOK
This book teaches to the required levels and to an extent typical of an EASA certified 2 year Part 66/147 aircraft engineering program. This third edition fine tunes alignment of sections to EASA Part 66 Appendix 1, enhances previously under-covered topics, and updates some images.
Table of Contents7.1 Safety Precautions - Aircraft and Shop
7.2 Workshop Practices
- Safe working practices including around electricity, gases, oils, and chemicals. Action in case of fire and knowledge of extinguishing agents.
- Care and control of tools and materials; allowances and tolerances; standards of workmanship. Calibration of tools and equipment.
7.4 Avionic Test Equipment
- Common hand tools and power tools; precision measuring tools; lubrication equipment and methods; functions and use of electrical test equipment.
7.5 Engineering Drawings and Standards
- Operation, function, and use of avionic general test equipment.
7.6 Fits and Clearances
- Drawing types, symbols, dimensions, tolerances, and projections; title block information; microfilm and computerized presentations. ATA Specification 100. ISO, AN, MS, NAS, and MIL standards. Wiring and schematic diagrams.
7.7 Electrical Wiring Interconnection System (EWIS)
- drill sizes, classes of fits; schedules of fits and clearances for aircraft and engines; limits of bow, twist, and wear; standard methods for checking shafts, bearings, and other parts.
- Continuity, insulation, and bonding techniques and testing. Use of hand and hydraulic crimp tools. Testing crimp joints. Connector pin removal and insertion. Co-axial cables, testing and installation. Identification of wire types, inspection criteria, and damage tolerance. Wire protection techniques; cable looming and support; cable clamps, protective sleeving including heat shrink and shielding.
7.9 Pipes and Hoses
- Riveted joints, spacing and pitch. Tools for riveting and dimpling. Inspection of riveted joints.
- Bending, belling, and flaring aircraft pipes. Inspection and testing of pipes and hoses. Installation and clamping of pipes.
- Inspection and testing of springs.
- Testing, cleaning and inspection of bearings. Lubrication requirements. Defects of bearings and their causes.
7.13 Control Cables
- Inspection of gears and backlash. Inspection of belts, pulleys, chains, and sprockets. Inspection of screw jacks, lever devices, push-pull rod systems.
7.14 Material Handling
- Swaging of end fittings. Inspection and testing of control cables. Bowden cables, aircraft flexible control systems.
7.15 Welding, Brazing, Soldering, and Bonding
- Sheet Metal: bend allowance, metal working, inspection. Composites: bonding environmental conditions, inspection.
7.16 Aircraft Weight and Balance
- Soldering methods and inspection. Welding and brazing methods, and inspection. Bonding methods and inspection.
7.17 Aircraft Handling and Storage
- Center of gravity/balance limits and calculation and use of relevant documents. Preparation and weighing of aircraft.
7.18 Disassembly, Inspection, Repair and Assembly Techniques
- Aircraft taxiing, towing, and associated precautions. Aircraft storage methods. Refueling and defueling procedures. De-icing and anti-icing procedures. Electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic ground supplies. Effects of environmental conditions on handling and operation.
7.19 Abnormal Events
- A) Defects and visual inspection; corrosion removal, assessment, and reprotection. B) general repair methods; aging, fatigue, and corrosion control programs. C)Non-destructive inspection including penetrant, radiographic, eddy current, ultrasonic, and boroscope methods. D) Disassembly and reassembly techniques. E) Troubleshooting techniques.
7.20 Maintenance Procedures
- Inspection following lightning strikes and HIRF penetration. Inspections following heavy landings and turbulence.
- Maintenance planning; modification procedures; stores procedures; certification/release procedures; interface with aircraft operations; inspection and quality control assurance; control of life limited procedures.
- File Type: secure pdf ebook
- File Size: 126.7Mb
- Print: yes, 50 pages only
- Copy/Paste: not allowed
- Offline Access: yes
- Search: always
- Bookmarks: always
- System Reqs: Windows, Macintosh, iPad, and more