1-877-4-SPRUCE | firstname.lastname@example.org
Aircraft Spruce & Specialty Co.
Corona, CA | Chicago, IL
Wasilla, AK | Peachtree City, GA
Brantford, ON Canada
EVERYTHING FOR PLANES AND PILOTS SINCE 1965 | 877-4-SPRUCE
BATTERYMINDER SCC515-5-AA-S2 12V 5 WATT AVIATION SOLAR CHARGER / MAINTAINER / DESULFATOR WITH PANEL
MFR Model# SCC515-5-AA-S2
BatteryMINDer® Model SCC515-5-AA-S2 actively monitors your battery’s voltage any time the sun is up. The internal program adjusts its output several times a second, based on this reading, to quickly and correctly charge your battery. When used as a maintainer, the BatteryMINDer® is guaranteed to maximize your battery’s life and storage capacity. The long-term float (maintenance) stage can add years of service. Patented high frequency pulse desulfation is designed to reverse and eliminate battery sulfation, the #1 cause of early battery failure. BatteryMINDer® Model SCC515-5-AA-S2 is precision set for Gill Batteries.
- Guaranteed to never overcharge, regardless of how long connected.
- High frequency pulse desulfation.
- Maximizes battery life and capacity, reconditions weak batteries.
- Maintains up to 2 batteries at a time.
- Short circuit, spark and polarity protection.
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON USING PRODUCT OUTDOORS: Weather-tight enclosure. Always mount units in vertical position with cord sets exiting downward to ensure weather tight integrity. Unit must be mounted this way to ensure long term trouble-free life including weatherproof integrity. Mounting in any other manner or using unmounted (parallel to ground) except indoors may cause unit to fail due to water intrusion that is unable to drain correctly to avoid damage.
- Volts: 12V
- Amps: 450mA
- Power Source: 5W Solar Panel (Included)
- Works with: 12 Volt Lead-Acid Standard Aviation Batteries
- Temperature Compensation: No
- Multiple Batteries (#): 2
In The Box
- Solar Controller for 12 Volt Lead-Acid Standard Aviation Batteries
- 18"L x 12"W 5 Watt amorphous silicon solar panel
- Battery Condition Indicator
- 20' DC solar panel connection, 4' DC cord with quick connector
- 2 ft. insulated battery clip cord set with fused Quick-connect Plug
- Ambient Temperature Sensor (installed)
- Customers Also Viewed
- Frequently Purchased With
- Related Items
When I purchased my C-172, the previous owner had it hooked to an older model of Plug-In Battery Minder. It worked great, but he had a hangar. Because hangars are outrageous, I have to tie down on the ramp. I tried doing without a maintainer, and my Gill-25S lasted just under two years (with me bringing it home occasionally and charging). Im hoping to have much better results with this one having full time maintenance and desulfation. Very easy to install and set up, and Im quite pleased with the results. I secured the panel to my landing gear, and the controller is velcrod near the battery. (Glad to see adhesive velcro already attached). With the panel under the wing, and on an overcast day I was still receiving enough power to charge my battery! Only time will tell, but I now have faith that my battery will always be ready to fly when I am.
March 23, 2016
Q: Do you have a 24 volt solar panel battery minder?
No. We do not offer a BatteryMinder 24V solar panel charger.
Q: Do you have a 24 volt battery minder?
Yes, we do. Keyword search "24v batteryminder" and the results will appear.
Q: Will this minder work with sealed and flooded battery types, or is it specific to only one type of battery?
It should work with both types of batteries.