With Heat Pack option adds a shipping heat pack to keep the material from freezing while in transit. It is recommended for winter months / destinations in cold climates where the temperature may drop below freezing while in transit. If the material freezes, it is not recommended for use. An Easy-To-Apply Glass-Like Finish With Many Incredible Protective Properties For Almost Any Aircraft Surface
Youll be amazed at this sprayable, wipeable, dippable thin, clear liquid that cures to an almost impregnable coating.
EverShield's protective properties boggle the mind. Examples: In tests it resists blow-torch heat (yes, blow-torch flame) above 2000°F It is impervious to virtually any chemical. It is excellent for hardness, flexibility, impact and scratch resistance, adhesion, and corrosion protection. It is unbelievably slick.
On any aircraft, EverShield has applications from nose cone to tail cone. Wiped on a prop, this incredible film sheds bugs, pebbles, salt spray, whatever. On an exhaust, it seals the metal from corrosion and by refraction reduces heat transmissions to cowling and elsewhere. On leading edges bugs slide off. Over the entire plane, the slick surface fortifies the boundary layer, reduces drag. (How many knots will your plane pick up with an EverShield finish?)
EverShield is a catalyzed treatment system that has been called liquid glass by some, liquid ceramic by others. It is non-hazardous (like all SS products). Cleans up with water (or solvents). Grips most any surface, from stainless steel, to acrylic sheet, to paint.
Because this thin liquid covers so much surface per gram, the cost per square foot is trivial.
EverShield is a true breakthrough miracle coating. There's nothing comparable available. Once you use it you'll continue to find a myriad of applications. Better give it a try soon.
STEWART SYSTEMS EVERSHIELD is a two-component, ceramic clearcoat/chemical treatment system designed for Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) to protect the substrate over which it is applied from corrosion and oxidation. EVERSHIELD, when applied properly, will not yellow, chip, crack, or peel. If gouged or damaged, the finish will not experience creepage and is repairable. EVERSHIELD is designed to coat surfaces that require a durable, flexible, and solvent resistant thin coating that can withstand temperatures of 2,000°F. EVERSHIELD offers excellent coverage, durability, and corrosion protection as well as being a low VOC and EPA compliant coating. EVERSHIELD is applied clear and will dry clear.
STEWART SYSTEMS EVERSHIELD is considered non-hazardous by EPA definitions and does not contain lead or chromates. The solid and semi-solid sludge produced in spraying and clean up can be dried and sent to a "Class B" landfill. Please follow local and state regulations in the proper use and disposal of this product.
- Excellent hardness
- Excellent flexibility
- Excellent impact resistance
- Excellent adhesion, mar, and abrasion resistance
- Excellent heat tolerance (2000°F+ with no visible affects)
- Excellent chemical and solvent resistance
- Available in flat, satin or gloss finish
- Non-photochemically reactive
- Application by spraying, dipping, wiping, or brushing
- Little to no irritating odor
- Water or solvent is used for clean-up
- Air dry or force curing preferred
- Product life of 24 hours
- Catalyzed system is non-flammable
- No special safety equipment required
- Stainless Steel
- Welding Tips/Nozzles
- Galvanized Steel
- Acrylic Sheet
- Clearcoat for Paints
- Clearcoat for Powdercoating
AIR QUALITY DATA
- Free of lead and chromates
- VOC (Volatile Organic Compounds) 2.8 lb/gal; 336 gm/ltr when catalyzed
- Liquid, clear
- Specific Gravity: >1
- Evaporation Rate: Slower than ether
- VOC: 2.8 lb/gal; 336 gm/ltr
- % Solid by weight: 25%
- % Solid by volume: 22%
- Weight per gallon: 8.34 lbs
- Flash Point: 150°F CC Part A
- Flash Point: 47°F CC Part B
PERFORMANCE DATASalt Spray: Excellent-Passed 500 hr test with no negative effects UV Resistance: Excellent Solvent Resistance: Excellent Flexibility: Excellent Theoretical Coverage at 0.1 mil: 3,573 ft2 (1624 x 22% solids by volume) Hardness: 6H-Excellent
Recommended film thickness for test results on Stainless Steel is 0.1 mil.
Application is by spraying, dipping, or wiping. A very thin film is all that is required for average protection. The amount of coverage per gallon is dependent upon the applicator and the equipment used. For best results, product should be applied to preheated (120°F) substrate or heat cured for 10-20 minutes at 120°F. Regular air-drying is acceptable but cure times will be longer. Insure that proper protective clothing and equipment is used during application. Wear a NIOSH approved respirator and solvent resistance gloves.
Please call Stewart Systems technical support (509) 782-3626 for mixing, application instructions and tips.
Use a solvent for cleanup. Insure that proper protective clothing and equipment is used during cleanup.
SS EVERSHIELD TEST PERFORMANCE DATA
Test results were compiled from 4 different sources. Tests were performed applying SS EVERSHIELD on the following substrates: steel, aluminum, copper, and brass panels. The following test results were determined.
- HARDNESS – Exceeds pencil harness test of 6H.
- IMPACT RESISTANCE – ASTM Standard D2749 with Gardener Variable Impact Tester with 16mm diameter ball. Exceeds 1.8J and 180 inch pounds reverse and direct.
- FLEXIBILITY – Bend through 180° around °" diameter mandrel bare side of specimen in contact with the mandrel. Temperature was 23° (+/-2°) C. Bending time not to exceed 1 second. No cracking or peeling when examined with unaided eye.
- ADHESION – CGSB Standard 31-GP-O Method 7.3. No removal of coating.
- SOLVENT RESISTANCE – All panels passed 100 double rub with MEK, Acetone, and virgin lacquer.
- WATER RESISTANCE – Half immerse test panel in distilled water at 20° - 25°C (68°-77°F) for 21 days. Removed and wiped with clean lint free cloth. Allow product to dry for 7 hours (less than 50% humidity). No wrinkling or blistering.
- ACCELERATED WEATHERING – 1000 hours in quv weatherometer per astm Standard C23. No film degradation or yellowing. Loss of Gloss after 500 hours was <6% for all panels. Loss of Gloss after 1000 hours QUV was <10% for all panels. QUV test does not include salt spray testing.
- SALT SPRAY– Passed 500 hours test with no blistering, creepage, or film degradation. Test was performed on scribed aluminum panel with EverShield at 1/10th mil thickness.
- HEAT TOLERANCE – Product was heated to 2,000°F with no softening, surface disintegration, wrinkling, blistering, or loss of adhesion.
- PERFORMANCE AFTER ACCELERATED WEATHERING – Repeat test on impact resistance and adhesion on panels subjected to accelerated weathering.
Impact Resistance – 100% of original valueAdhesion – No removal of coating.
Please Note: EverShield ships ORM-D and will incur haz-mat charges if expedited shipping is required.