1-877-4-SPRUCE | firstname.lastname@example.org
Aircraft Spruce & Specialty Co.
Corona, CA | Chicago, IL
Wasilla, AK | Peachtree City, GA
Brantford, ON Canada
FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $350 (USA ONLY - SOME EXCLUSIONS APPLY) | 877-4-SPRUCE
FREEFLIGHT TRA 3000 RADAR ALTIMETER WITH TRI-40 INDICATOR
The TRA-3000 is especially effective in flying search and rescue missions, forestry operations, pipeline maintenance, offshore helicopter operations, aeromedical emergency services, border patrol, and electronic news gathering
operations. Sending a continuous signal from a single antenna, the TRA-3000 Radar Altimeter provides precise AGL information from 2500 feet down to 40 feet. The transmitter/receiver and antenna fit in a single, lightweight, aerodynamic unit that can be easily installed on the fuselage or under the wing. Innovative design reduces the size and weight of the system and significantly increases transmitter efficiency.
The included TRI-40 Indicator is a panel mounted indicator that provides essential information when there are no visual clues to the landscape surrounding the airport or the pilot’s flight path. The indicator displays the AGL altitude and the pilot’s preselected decision height (DH) in a bright, LED readout, and provides an audible warning when descending below the DH. A test button sends a 40-foot altitude code to the indicator to test the display and warning alerts at any time. The TRI-40 Indicator also includes
a visual and audible gear-up warning when the aircraft is below 100 feet. A trip-point output allows the pilot to activate additional alerts every 100 feet up to 800 feet.
Includes 8130-3 for FAA-PMA Mooney M20J, M, R
- Altitude Range: 40 to 2500 ft.
- Power Requirements: 27.5 VDC; ±20%, 600 mA
- Environmental: TRI: -4°F to +131°F (-20°C to +55°C)
- TRA: -40°F to +158°F (-40°C to +70°C)
- Alt: -45,000 ft. (13,716 m)
- Size (HxWxL): TRI: 1.375 x 3.5 x 7.5 in.
- TRA: 1 x 5 x 7.625 in.
- Weight: TRI: 0.75 lbs.
- TRA: 1.5 lbs.
- Antenna(s): Dual; ±20° pitch, ±30° roll
- Display Type: LED, yellow seven segment, auto dim
- Transmitter Power: 20 mW typical, 10 mW minimum
- Frequency: 100 MHz sweep, within 4.2 to 4.4 GHz
- Display Update Rate: 2 times/sec.
- Altitude Accuracy: 40 to 100 ft. ±5 ft.
- 100 to 500 ft. ±5%
- 500 to 2500 ft. ±7%
- Decision Height Selection: 50-ft. increments to 600 ft.
- 100-ft. increments to 900 ft.
- Flag(s): Displays “U” when unlocked
- Self-Test: Indicates “8’s,” then DH and gear lights,
- then 40 ft. altitude
- Visual DH Alert: Internal DH light; External output
- Aural DH Alert: 1-kHz tone output
- Gear Warning: Internal gear light, audible tone,
- and external indicator drive
- ARINC Analog Outputs: A: 2.5 mV/ft., 0 V=0 ft.
- B: 20 mV/ft., 400 mV=0 ft.
- Trip Point Outputs: Eight fixed trip points; 100 to 800 ft.
- Display Disable: Two strut switch inputs—ground or line
- Anti-Hover Circuit: None