1-877-4-SPRUCE | firstname.lastname@example.org
Aircraft Spruce & Specialty Co.
Corona, CA | Chicago, IL
Wasilla, AK | Peachtree City, GA
Brantford, ON Canada
FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $350 (USA ONLY - SOME EXCLUSIONS APPLY) | 877-4-SPRUCE
SAF-AIR OIL DRAIN VALVE P5000
MFR Model# P5000
LOCK OPEN OIL DRAIN VALVES
Changing hot engine oil has never been easier! With the SAF-AIR oil drain valve, no wrench is needed to remove the drain plug. A simple push and turn of the SAF-AIR valve locks it in the open position. The valve is made completely from anodized aluminum and stainless steel components. These materials are used throughout the aircraft industry due to their strength and durability. FAA & PMA APPROVED.
Download the Application Chart in PDF.
- NEVER fly the aircraft with the drain hose attached to the oil drain valve.
- Make sure that your landing gear will not activate the oil drain valve when you retract the gear inside the fuselage.
- Remember, the valve may fit on your engine, but it is your responsibility to make sure that the valve will work with your application.
- Push and turn to lock open
- Effortless operation with a sure-grip knob
- Double-sealed to prevent leakage
- All valves can be rebuilt
- MATERIAL: 6061 aluminum and 302 stainless steel
- FINISH: Anodized
- TEMPERATURE: -60° to +260°F (-51° to +127°C)
- O-RINGS: Seal kits available
- AN6227B-6: Qty 2
- AN6227B-7: Qty: 1
- Customers Also Viewed
- Frequently Purchased With
- Related Items
the product was excellent and is now installed on my great lakes biplane engine lookin good
March 16, 2020
It was exactly what I expected and it fits the engine of my C182 RG perfectly.
March 2, 2020
Installed easily and easy to use
November 14, 2019
Q: Does the P5000 valve come with an O-ring or do I need to order one?
The unit comes with the o-ring required for use.
Q: What size hose (ID) fits this?
Q: Does the Saf Air P5000 come with a sealing washer that would go between the quick drain and the oil sump?
It is not required on this unit since it is NPT thread.
Q: Are the P5000 valves FAA/PMA?
Yes, the valves are FAA PMA approved.
Q: Do you have spec sheet on dimensions for the P5000 valve?
We do not have a spec sheet available. The total length of the valve is 2.62 inches. These have a specific replacement application. Please ensure you order the correct valve for your engine.
Q: What size hose fits on the nipple of the P5000 valve?
3/8" id hose.
Q: What is the thread size of the P5000 valve?
It is 1/2 pipe.