The L-1049 Super Constellation was introduced in 1951. The fuselage was extended by 18 ft 4.75 in and its passenger capacity increased from 69 up to 92 passengers. Its maiden flight was on July 14, 1951. It has an auxiliary wing-tip fuel tanks. The L-1049 Super Constellation could fly nonstop between New York and Los Angeles. When the L-1049G was introduced, the range was increased by 700 miles. The L-1049G featured 100 design improvements over the L-1049E model to make it better. Trans World Airlines named it the Super G and it received a total order of 102.
The L-1049G has a crew of 5 with a typical seating capacity of 62-95 passengers. It has a maximum speed of 380 mph and a range of 5,400 mi. Currently, an existing L-1049G (Super G) Constellation built originally for cargo carier Slick Airways was restored by the ""Save-a-Connie"" organization (now the Airline History Museum) in 1986. It was repainted in the 1950s livery of TWA, resembling ""Star of America"" Constellation. The aircraft appeared at New Yorks John F. Kennedy International Airport at the original TWA terminal designed by Eero Saarinen, commemorating the 60th anniversary of the airline.