1-877-4-SPRUCE | firstname.lastname@example.org
Aircraft Spruce & Specialty Co.
Corona, CA | Chicago, IL
Wasilla, AK | Peachtree City, GA
Brantford, ON Canada
FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $350 (USA ONLY - SOME EXCLUSIONS APPLY) | 877-4-SPRUCE
DELUXE TIGHT FIT DRILL KIT
MFR Model# 00102
Space, every inch of it, is at a premium in aircraft design as shape and weight are critical to function. Also, airplanes are riveted together which requires thousands of holes to be drilled in difficult locations without scratching or marring the work surface. So, engineers needed to design a versatile "chuck-less" drill attachment that could reach into very confined areas.
The answer was found in putting threads on the shanks of drill bits. The benefits are significant. Threaded shank drill bits eliminate the need for a chucking mechanism. Freed of this restriction, it is possible to do a wide variety of jobs in places with extreme space limitations (less than 1" x 2"). Chuck slippage is all but eliminated while the precision mating angle between a threaded shank drill bit and drive spindle ensures concentricity. Drill bit change times are reduced, an exact working drill bit length is insured and the chance of marring or scratching the work surface is greatly reduced.
- Attaches to any power drill; Recommended operating speed not to exceed 2500 rpm.
- Lightweight; Right angle drill weighs 1/3 of a pound and rotates 360 degrees for tight-spot access.
- Threaded components allow for fast, easy tool changes; Drill over, under or around obstructions.
- Design allows "deep reach" in confined areas; Provides utility of extension drill bit set.
- Limited warranty, 30-day no-risk trial.
- Right Angle Drill Attachment- capable of drilling up to 1/4" diameter holes and compatible with all standard power drills.
- 6" Threaded Extension Rod- for deep hard-to-reach spots.
- Chucking Spud- which allows direct use of TightFit® threaded shank drill bits and extensions with your standard power drill
- 12 aircraft quality TightFit® Threaded Shank Drill Bits- (fractional sizes: 3/32", 1/8", 5/32", 3/16", 7/32" and 1/4" in short and stub lengths) Screwdriver Bit Set- Phillips #1 & #2 and Slotted #3-4 & #6-8
- Threaded Collets- 1/8" & 1/4" (allows tight fit use of wire wheels, rasps, sanding drums, etc.)
- Three-Way Wrench- Tight fit (1/4" for screwdriver bits, 5/16" for drill bits and extensions & 7/16" for collets)
- Pro Kit- is packaged in a red, heavy-duty, blow-molded storage case.
In The Box
- 1- Right angle drilling attachment
- 1- 6" Threaded Extension Rod
- 1- Chucking spud
- 1- 5'16" Threeway Wrench
- 12- Threaded Shank Drill Bits (Split into a quantity of 6 each)
- 6- Stub drill bits in the following diameters:
- 3/32", 1/8", 5/32" 3/16", 7/32" and 1/4"
- 6- Stub Bits (1-1/2") in the same diameter.
- 4- Screwdriver Bits Set: Phillips #1 & #2 and Slotted #3-#4, & #6-#8.
- 2- 1/8" & 1/4" Threaded Collets
- 1- 5/16" Combination Wrench
- 1- Pro Kit Red Storage Case
- Customers Also Viewed
- Frequently Purchased With
I bought one of these to remove broken bolts from cylinder heads at exhaust manifolds , works awesome, Ive had it for years and snap-on stopped selling them. I was happy to find this set on the internet!! I needed more bits but this kit has a lot more accessories so I bought the whole kit and more bits.
March 31, 2020
This is just what I needed to get a task done. However the threads on the bit that I needed came stripped out from the factory (case was still wrapped in plastic) and I couldnt use it. Good thing I had purchased a spare bit! A quick call to Spruce and they added one to my back ordered parts order. Great customer service!
September 5, 2019
A very cheaply built tool , but seems to work ok.
September 8, 2017
Lasted about 1 hour.
I looked on the box and is did not say where it was made... I expect CHINA.
For drilling a #40 hole might be ok for a while. Anything bigger buy AMERICAN !!
November 14, 2019
Q: Will this tight fit drill work in normal screw guns?
We are unsure what is meant by normal screw guns, 12-11215, but this unit will attach to any hand drill with a straight chuck.
Q: Does this kit accept 1/4 x 20 or 10 x 32 drill bits?
No, the Deluxe Tight Fit Drill Kit only accepts 1/4 X 28.
Q: Does this Deluxe Tight Fit Drill Kit come with threaded Bits?
Yes, the "IN THE BOX" tab lists the bits this kit includes.