1-877-4-SPRUCE | firstname.lastname@example.org
Aircraft Spruce & Specialty Co.
Corona, CA | Chicago, IL
Wasilla, AK | Peachtree City, GA
Brantford, ON Canada
FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $350 (USA ONLY - SOME EXCLUSIONS APPLY) | 877-4-SPRUCE
AEROSHELL 2XN PRESERVATIVE FLUID 5 GALLON
MFR Model# 550043583
Note: Aeroshell 2XN fluid superceds the old 2F fluid.
AeroShell Fluid 2XN is a corrosion preservative concentrate for protecting infrequently used engines. It uses an ashless anti-corrosion additive package and highly refined mineral base oils to protect internal engine sufaces from the Effects of humidity. It is also designed to neutralize the acidic by-products of oil oxidation and combustion.
AeroShell Fluid 2XN can be used neat to long-term storage, but it is typically mixed with one part AeroShell Fluid 2XN to three parts fresh AeroShell Oil 100 to create an inhibited oil. It can also be sprayed undiluted on piston-engine exhaust ports, Rocker arms and accessories to provide additional protection.
Detailed instructions for inhibiting piston engines are given in specification MIL-E-6059A (inactive) and in the relevant engine manufacturer´s publication.
- AeroShell Fluid 2XN is primarily used as an ingredient of AeroShell Fluid 2F, but can be used undiluted to provide additional protection for piston engines after run-out on AeroShell Fluid 2F, by spraying exhaust ports, rocker arms, accessories.
- For aircraft gas turbine engines a mixture of one part of AeroShell Fluid 2XN to three parts of AeroShell Turbine Oil 2 is required. Detailed instructions for inhibiting turbines are given in specification MIL-E-5607F.
- The ashless anti-corrosion additive package together with the highly refined mineral base oil protects the engine by minimising the effects of humidity and neutralising the acidic components of engine oil oxidation and, in piston engines, the combustion byproducts as well.
- U.S.: Approved MIL-C-6529C Type I
- British: (Has adopted MIL-C-6529C Type I) / Approved DTD900/4913A (Obsolete)
- French: Equivalent to AIR 1503/B Type B Concentrate
- Russian: -
- NATO Code: C-608
- Joint Service Designation: ZX-21
- Customers Also Viewed
- Frequently Purchased With