1-877-4-SPRUCE | email@example.com
Aircraft Spruce & Specialty Co.
Corona, CA | Chicago, IL
Wasilla, AK | Peachtree City, GA
Brantford, ON Canada
THE AVIATION SUPERSTORE FOR ALL YOUR AIRCRAFT & PILOT NEEDS | 877-4-SPRUCE
TCW IFC-10 INTELLIGENT FLAP CONTROL
MFR Model# IFC-10
Note: Harness not included. See "Options" tab for harness, part # 11-08494
Intelligent Flap Controller (IFC) is an electronic controller designed specifically to operate DC motor actuators, particularly the Vanís Aircraft series of Flap Actuators used in RV type homebuilt aircraft. IFC connects to the standard up-off-(down) switches commonly used to control flap operation and directly drives a Vanís flap actuator. IFC provides Vfe protection by sensing airspeed and preventing flap deployment above a set airspeed. IFC allows for Pilot and Co-pilot flap switches and resolves the possible conflicts if the switches are operated in opposite directions. IFC requires NO flap position sensor and is fully compatible with Safety-Trim servo controllers.
- Protects against flap deployment above Vfe
- Dual Inputs: Allows for Pilot and Co-Pilot side flap switches
- Uses the standard Up-off-Down flap switch or the Infinity stick grip
- Controls the standard Van's flap actuator
- Eliminates the need for a flap positioning sensor
- Eliminates flap motor run-on associated with traditional relay system
- Very easy to use, UP switch drives flaps UP, Down switch drives flaps Down
- Great for tandem aircraft !
- Customers Also Viewed
- Frequently Purchased With
- Related Items
Q: My Lancair ES will have a 24/28 volt system. The flap motor is a 12/14 volt. If I read the description of this controller, it seems that it will work with both my 28 volt power grid, and the 12 volt flap motor, without a separate volt reduction device. Am I right?
Unfortunately no. You will have to step down the input voltage from 24/28 to 12/14 to the flap controller to run a 12vdc flap motor. Per TCW you will require a 10a, 28 to 14 volt dc/dc converter.