1-877-4-SPRUCE | email@example.com
Aircraft Spruce & Specialty Co.
Corona, CA | Chicago, IL
Wasilla, AK | Peachtree City, GA
Brantford, ON Canada
FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $350 (USA ONLY - SOME EXCLUSIONS APPLY) | 877-4-SPRUCE
THE INSTRUMENT LANDING SYSTEM (ILS) E-BOOK
MFR Model# 216
This guide is compiled from a collection of notes and handouts assembled for my past instrument-helicopter students.
Learning to fly helicopters can, at times, be challenging enough. The pursuit of the instrument helicopter rating adds a new level of knowledge and hopefully, a new level of understanding about many flight dynamics.
This guide will provide the reader with a basic overview of the Instrument Landing System and its various associated components. The material has been written for you, the helicopter pilot, by a helicopter pilot and instructor. Sadly, the majority of training guides, manuals and texts are normally geared for our fixed wing brethren. Finally, a guide just for you.
- The instrument landing system (ILS) explained
- ILS components and approach types the four ils components
- Localizer, glide slope, marker beacons, approach lighting systems
- alternative ils components
- Compass locators, ILS errors to consider flying the ils approach
- On the ground, in the air; four A’s procedure checklist The approach plate
- Briefing strip, plan view, profile view, minima section, airport view, TIMTS procedures checklist
- Final phases of the ils approach
- Final approach fix, course reversal procedure, procedure turn, GPS modes, going “missed”
- About the Author
- Recommended Reading
- File Type: Standard Adobe Format (hover over)
- File Size: 2.1Mb
- Print: unlimited
- Copy/Paste: unlimited
- Offline Access: yes
- Search: always
- Bookmarks: always
- System Reqs: Windows, Macintosh, iPad, and more