1-877-4-SPRUCE | email@example.com
Aircraft Spruce & Specialty Co.
Corona, CA | Chicago, IL
Wasilla, AK | Peachtree City, GA
Brantford, ON Canada
FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $350 (USA ONLY - SOME EXCLUSIONS APPLY) | 877-4-SPRUCE
WINGTIP LED BULB SET RED-WING | GREEN-WING
MFR Model# 7512 LED 2 BULB SET
Finally a powerful LED replacement for the expensive RA-7512 (14V) and W-1290 (28V) reflector-type navigation bulbs found on many General Aviation aircraft.
- Red LED and Green LED (BAY15S base (14V) and W-1290 (28V) Reflector-type Nav Bulbs
- Colored LEDs are used behind a Colored Nav Lens produces a very bright and intense Nav Light (see images)
- Voltage: 10-30VDC compatible
- Applications include: Rotating Beacons and Navigation Lights
- 2.8 Watts of power; Low power consumption (less than 220mA @13.8V)
- 14VDC and 28VDC compatible
- LED elements concentrated toward the Nav lens
- About 30% brighter than incandescent
- BAY15S base (center contact; 2 off-set side retainers - see diagram). This base fits most Grimes and Whelen Navigation light fixtures.
- Rated at 50,000 hours
- Fully sealed glass dome
- Experimental Aircraft Only (for Certified aircraft - these bulbs meet FAA illumination guidelines but have no STC/PMA - ask your IA/A&P to consider these as a "minor alteration"
- Tested in Grimes and Whelen Navigation lights and Grimes rotating beacons. Super bright output and considerably less current demand than incandescent bulbs.
In The Box
- Two RA-7512 LED replacements (one Red LED, one Green LED). BAY15S base.
- Customers Also Viewed
- Frequently Purchased With
- Related Items
Excellent product, great value.
March 15, 2021
Excellent product. Very bright just as I had hoped. Glad I read the reviews were the supplier advised to use the existing green snd red lenses and not change out to clear. The colored lenses actually create more colored light.
February 1, 2021
These bulbs were a direct replacement fir my old ones. They are very bright and barely use any power. Great solution
January 19, 2021
5 stars, and I hope I have not overrated. The went in easily, are bright as heck, and look really good. But, I have only had them in for a few hours, so I cant speak to longevity. If they last a good while, excellent, if they dont, Im not sure I can edit this review. But, for the price, I would say its worth giving them a try.
September 4, 2020
Install went fine, although itâs a bit premature to give a rating since theyâve only been in a week and no run time other than initial test. But thanks for asking, Tom
February 27, 2020
These lights installed easily and are much brighter than the incandescent bulbs they replaced. Since the nav lights need to be on all the time now due to a TailBeacon ADS-B install, these should give the reliability I need.
December 19, 2019
These work great as advertised
October 20, 2019
Great, easy install, shipping was quick. No noticeable rf noise. Love the low amp draw as always on now due to ads-b tailbeacon.
October 13, 2019
Worked as expected, much lower power required and better light. No radio interference noted,
September 13, 2019
August 16, 2019
Q: Is the price for a set of two, Red and green, or for one bulb?
This is a set so you will get one of each light.
You may special order a single green or red light by itself if you need a replacement.
Q: Does this LED lamp require a clear lens? Can it be installed under a green lens? My aircraft has the sky beacon on the left side.
These should be installed behind a color lens.
Q: Are these bulbs FAA Approved?
No. These bulbs do not hold FAA Approval.
Q: Will these work for 12v or just 14v? I currently have 7512-12 bulbs
These will work in both 12v or 14v applications.
Q: Do these cause wingtip light bulbs cause static on radio?
Per the manufacturer, 99.9% of the planes these are installed on have no RFI issues. Any RFI issues the know of have been caused by wiring issues.
Q: Who is the manufacturer?
These are made by Britta Products.
Q: I currently have Grimes nav lights A-7512-24 ---24 volts will these work with my sockets and voltage?
Yes these will work with 14 and 28 volt applications. They should fit your Grimes assembly as well.