1-877-4-SPRUCE | email@example.com
Aircraft Spruce & Specialty Co.
Corona, CA | Chicago, IL
Wasilla, AK | Peachtree City, GA
Brantford, ON Canada
THE AVIATION SUPERSTORE FOR ALL YOUR AIRCRAFT & PILOT NEEDS | 877-4-SPRUCE
ALCOR BY TEMPEST EGT / TIT TYPE K THERMOCOUPLE CLAMP 3-3/8 MAX
MFR Model# 86255
ALCOR CLAMP 3-1/4 EGT/TIT PROBE
GROUNDED, .80 OHM, TYPE K
*All ring terminals and hardware.
- Backed by an industry leading 5 year warranty
- Small element diameter provides for near instantaneous instrument response
- Provides sufficient electrical power for Alcor unamplified instruments
- Built in radiator minimizes the high temperature effects on internal spotweld connections
- Intended for use with Type K EGT or TIT instruments and leads
- Clamp fits 1 1/8" to 3 1/4" diameter exhaust systems with approximately .1285" size hole
- Accurate to ± 25 degrees at 1500 degrees Fahrenheit
- PMA and FAA approved for all reciprocating powered aircraft
- Alcor probes are designed, manufactured, and supported in the U.S.A.
- Type: K - Red and Yellow
- Style: Clamp 3 ¼” Max
- Resistance: .80 ± .10 Ohm
- Weight: 0.12 lbs
- Alcor P/N: 86255
- Customers Also Viewed
- Frequently Purchased With
best and most reliable probe doesnt fail at the ferrule like other products I have used
May 6, 2013
As a commercial airplane and helicopter pilot, I trust Alcor probes over any other probes by far. Just by looking at them you can see how well they are constructed. I had to finally replace this 86255 that was originally installed 21 years ago! Alcor's support and customer service is down right the best there is. They are willing to help you with anything and their engineers are extremely knowledgeable (on everything it seemed like!). If you are searching for your next probe, not matter what application, just choose Alcor and you will not be disappointed.
Thank you Aircraft Spruce for a fast, friendly and money saving experience! I will shop again soon!
November 20, 2012
Q: What is the length of the leads from the probe?
The lead from the probe to the terminals is about 12 inches. You can order 42525 which is a 90" extension lead (this is there shortest extension lead).
Q: Is this Alcor by Tempest EGT/TIT Type K probe a direct replacement for the JPI M-111 probes? I am replacing my second one in two years.
JPI recommends using their type k thermocouple probes with JPI units.
Q: What are the differences between this probe P/N 86255 and P/N 86317?
P/n: 86255 is a grounded probe designed for use with analog indicators, versus p/n: 10-86339 (86317 or 86343) is ungrounded designed to be used with digital indicators.
Q: Is the red lead shorter than the yellow lead on the 86255 probe?
Yes, the red lead is shorter than the yellow lead.