1-877-4-SPRUCE | firstname.lastname@example.org
Aircraft Spruce & Specialty Co.
Corona, CA | Chicago, IL
Wasilla, AK | Peachtree City, GA
Brantford, ON Canada
EVERYTHING FOR PLANES AND PILOTS SINCE 1965 | 877-4-SPRUCE
TASKEM 5000 DIGITAL ALTIMETER
From $287.95 to $309.00
|TASKEM 5000 ALTIMETER - FEET|
|TASKEM 5000 ALTIMETER - METERS|
Unlike mechanical altimeters, Taskem 5000 is insensitive to the high vibration of 2-stroke engines frequently used on ultralight aircraft. This has literally shaken many mechanical altimeters. The 5000 is all solid state and can withstand severe shock and vibration without damage. It has a full 4.5 digit liquid crystal (LCD) display with large, 1/2" high characters. Because the LCD uses direct drive, it is easily readable from most viewing angles and does not disappear when viewed from an angle or does not washout in bright sunlight.
Includes a backlight for night or dusk viewing. The altitude range extends from below sea level to well above the need for supplementary oxygen. The limits are -1000 to 19,990 ft. (-305 to 6,093 meters). Increments are in 10 ft./1m steps. The instrument is powered from DC in the range of 730V and is protected for accidental polarity reversal. A 9V battery is a common power source and a battery holder for this is provided on the back, external to the case. An alkaline battery will provide over 40 hours of operation, without the backlight illuminated. The backlight is not powered in the ON power switch position to conserve battery life.
- RANGE: −1,000 to +19,990 feet or −305 to +6,093 meters. Units selectable by internal jumper plug.
- RESOLUTION: 10 feet or 1 meter.
- ACCURACY: 1% of reading ±100 feet (30 meters) over full specified operating temperature range. Meets accuracy requirements of FAA
- TSO-10B, paragraph 6.1.
- PRESSURE DISPLAY: Displays absolute ambient pressure in inches of mercury (inHg).
- POWER: 7 to 30VDC. 15 mA @ 9VDC (w/o backlight). Backlight draws additional 15 mA independent of supply voltage. A 9V battery holder is included on back of instrument.
- BATTERY LIFE: A 9V alkaline will power the instrument for over 40 hours (20 hours with backlight on continuously).
- LOW BATTERY INDICATOR: A flashing “BAT” symbol appears when less than 2 hours of battery life remains.
- DISPLAY: 4 ½ digit, high contrast, liquid crystal display with ½” high characters. All digits and legends visibly tested on power up. Backlight for night or dusk viewing.
- DISPLAY UPDATE RATE: 0.6 seconds.
- BARO ADJ: The UP/DN switch compensates for changes in ambient, sea-level barometric pressure and can be used to set the altimeter to known field altitude or zero before flight.
- BARO ADJ. RANGE: The instrument can be zeroed at altitudes as high as 6000 feet above mean sea level and retains baro setting in nonvolatile memory.
- WEIGHT: Less than 10 oz. with 9V alkaline battery.
- DIMENSIONS: Standard 3 1/8” instrument case outline. Depth behind back face of instrument panel is 4 5/8”. May be reduced to 3 7/8” by removing external battery holder.
- TEMPERATURE RANGE: Full accuracy performance from 0 to 50°C (32 to 122°F). Degraded accuracy, but useable from −20 to +60°C (−4 to 140°F). Temperature limiting factor is liquid crystal display.
- Customers Also Viewed
- Frequently Purchased With
Q: Does this altimeter run with mode S XPDR?
No, we recommend using a blind mount encoder for your transponder.
Q: Does the Taskem 5000 digital altimer display in inches of mercury?
Yes, it displays absolute ambient pressure in inches of mercury (inHg).
Q: Can I adjust to a given barometric pressure to determine my correct altitude in flight?
The Taskem 5000 will allow you to adjust your baro via the UP/DN switch to compensates for changes in ambient, sea-level barometric pressure and can be used to set the altimeter to known field altitude or zero before flight.
Q: Is the Taskem 5000 digital altimeter FAA Approved?
Yes, this has FAA TSO approval.
Q: What color is the backlight (green, red, white, etc)?
Per the Manufacturer, the backlight is a light green.
Q: Is the Taskem 5000 approved for use on certified aircrafts?
Yes, this has FAA TSO approval.