This high quality replica is handcrafted from mahogany and comes with a wooden stand. Length is 30" and beam is 5-1/4".
USS Yorktown CV-10 is an Essex-class aircraft carrier of the United States Navy. The CV-10 was initially named as Bon Homme Richard. On September 26, 1942, it was renamed in tribute to USS Yorktown CV-5. t became the fourth US warship to bear the name of a town in Virginia. The CV-10 was reconstructed to SCB-27A design by the Puget Sound Naval Shipyard which began in March 1951. It was recommissioned in February 1953. The CV-10 was reclassified as an ""Attack Aircraft Carrier"" and was redesignated CVA-10. The CV-10 has a modernized flight deck with an enclosed ""hurricane"" bow. The CV-10 was reclassified as an ""Antisumarine Warfare Support Aircraft Carrier"" and was redesignated as CVS-10 on September 1, 1957. The CV-10 was formally dedicated as the first ship of the Naval and Maritime Museum.