1-877-4-SPRUCE | email@example.com
Aircraft Spruce & Specialty Co.
Corona, CA | Chicago, IL
Wasilla, AK | Peachtree City, GA
Brantford, ON Canada
THE AVIATION SUPERSTORE FOR ALL YOUR AIRCRAFT & PILOT NEEDS | 877-4-SPRUCE
TANIS SLEEVING / VARGLAS NON-FRAY HO #3 RED
From $2.40 to $2.50
|0.249"/0.229"||Non-Fray HO #3 Red - /FT 3120003-Red|
|0.198"/0.182"||Non-Fray HO #5 Red - /FT 3120005-Red|
|0.178"/0.162"||Non-Fray HO #6 Red - /FT 3120006-Red|
Varglas Non-Fray Sleeving is flexible, high-temperature secondary insulation made from closely braided, continuous filament fiberglass which has been heat-cleaned to remove impurities in the yarn and to retard fraying.
Type HO: Heat cleaned and treated with an acrylic resin binder (natural or pigmented).
Binders are applied to further retard fraying and to hold sleeving round for cutting. HO may be less vivid after exposure to 150°C. Will serve as secondary insulation unaffected indefinitely through a temperature range from -60°C to 316°C and withstand up to 616°C for shorter periods. Since there is no impregnant that will provide dielectric protection at those extremes, these sleevings require heavy or multiple-wall thicknesses if used as primary insulation.
- Varglas Non-Fray Sleevings are used for thermal and mechanical protection in consumer, commercial and industrial applications where flexibility, abrasion resistance or additional secondary insulation is required and particularly when temperature extremes prohibit the use of other materials. These would include such applications as heating appliances, electric motors, resistors, lighting fixture transformers and ballasts, etc.
- Non-Fray’s greater flexibility and expandability find extensive use in wire harness assemblies where its ease of installation over irregular shapes and wire bundles provides definite assembly advantages.
- In 1/32” Wall, Non-Fray is used as primary insulation in low-voltage applications such as coffeemakers, hand irons, toasters, hot plates, range units and other appliances.
- Varglas Non-Fray Sleevings conform to NEMA TF-2 and is made from glass fibers conforming to Military Specification MIL-Y-1140 (latest revision), Class C, Form 1 (continuous filament yarns).Under the Component Program of Underwriters Laboratories, all Varglas Non-Fray Sleevings comply with VW-1 flammability requirements under UL File #E53690. They are incorporated in systems work, per UL Safety Standard 1446, to facilitate product acceptance by UL.
- Customers Also Viewed
- Frequently Purchased With
Does what ir says, need larger diameters
April 15, 2019
Q: What is the approximate diameter for the different sizes?
#3 is 0.249/0.229 | #5 is 0.198/0.182 | #6 is 0.178/0.162