1-877-4-SPRUCE | firstname.lastname@example.org
Aircraft Spruce & Specialty Co.
Corona, CA | Chicago, IL
Wasilla, AK | Peachtree City, GA
Brantford, ON Canada
THE AVIATION SUPERSTORE FOR ALL YOUR AIRCRAFT & PILOT NEEDS | 877-4-SPRUCE
GARMIN GTX 35R STANDARD ADS-B OUT KIT
Add to cart for current price
MFR Model# 010-01756-01
Advanced ADS-B “Out” Solution for Experimental Aircraft
For nearly 20 years, Garmin has led the development and deployment of various ADS-B projects, and we’ve optimized our ADS-B solutions for experimental amateur-built and light sport aircraft. The GTX 35R ADS-B transponder integrates with Garmin G3X and G3XTM Touch to provide you quick, cost-effective and powerful ADS-B “Out” capabilities you can control through your flight display.
- Integrates with G3XTM series flight displays for fingertip control and squawk code entry
- Satisfies NextGen requirement for ADS-B “Out” when paired with a GPS position source
- Provides 1090 MHz ES (Extended Squitter) output for operations at any altitude, in airspace around the world
- Simplifies installation with remote-mount design that saves panel space
- Offers low power consumption and enhanced reliability
This simple, elegant solution meets the Dec. 31, 2019, requirements for ADS-B “Out.” Offering a 1090 MHz ES “Out” signal that meets worldwide requirements for flight at any altitude, GTX 35R interfaces easily with your G3X series flight display and a GTNTM 650 or GTN 750 navigator, a GNS™ 430W or GNS G530W series navigator or a GPS 20A ADS-B position source. This automatically outputs more accurate — and more useful — traffic surveillance data to ATC, including aircraft flight ID, position, altitude, velocity, climb/descent and heading information.
And by simultaneously broadcasting this information to ADS-B “In” display-equipped pilots, GTX 35R enables them to essentially see the same traffic picture for their location that ATC views on the ground.
As a remote-mounted transponder, GTX 35R makes installation easy, saves you valuable panel space in your experimental or light sport aircraft and integrates seamlessly into your flight deck. Manage squawk code entry and transponder control with only a few touches of your G3X series flight display.
Plus, it’s an all solid-state design, which makes for lower power consumption and enhanced reliability, compared to earlier-generation transponder technology. GTX 35R uses the GSU 25 Air Data Attitude Heading Reference System (ADAHRS) for IFR altitude-encoding information.
With more fielded ADS-B solutions than anyone else in the industry, Garmin is making the ADS-B transition simple, beneficial and affordable for everyone — regardless of what type of aircraft you fly, where you fly or what you have in the panel.
GTX 35R Display Compatibility
MX 20 MFD
SpecificationsPhysical & Performance
- Physical dimensions (unit, rack, connectors): for panel mounts, depth is measured from face of instrument panel: 1.65” x 6.30” x 9.9” (42 x 160 x 224 mm)
- Display type: N/A
- Weight (unit, rack, connectors): 2.5/2.6 lbs (1.13/1.18 kg)
- Voltage range: 14/28 VDC (15/17 W Max)
- Transmit power: 200 W minimum
- Temperature: -45° C to +70° C
- Operating altitude: To 55,000 ft (16,800 m)
- Cooling input: Not required
- Environmental compliance (TSO Approved): DO-160G
- Software compliance (TSO Approved): DO-178 Levels B, C, D
- Hardware compliance (TSO Approved): DO-254 Level C; TSO compliance (Approved); TSO-C88b (w/opt. alt. encoder); TSO-C112e (Class 1, Level 2els); TSO-C145d (Class B2); TSO-C166b (Class B1S)”
- Mount type: Remote
- Transponder type: Mode A/C, S and ES
- Squawk code selection: Remote entry
- Traffic Information Services (TIS) alerts compatible: Yes
- Solid state transmitter (more efficient, longer life): Yes
- Aural alerts: Yes
- Automatic ALT/GND mode: Yes
- 1090 MHz ADS-B Out: Yes
- Built in GPS/WAAS receiver: Optional
- Displays on G500/G600, GTN 650/750, GNS 430W/530W, and others: Yes
- Pressure altitude encoder module (mounts to connector backplate): Optional
- Customers Also Viewed
- Frequently Purchased With
Q: I would like to know whether the GTX 35R standard kit is a transponder that complies with ADS-B out standards(experimental aircraft-going into a Glasair II RG). Does it connect to a Garmin GTN 650 and can it be controlled from the GTN650?
The gtx 35r is designed as a remote mount ads-b option for the experimental g3x system. It is controlled via the g3x display.
Q: I want a simple installation, G3X Touch 450, and the GTX35R. I prefer only one GA35 WAAS antenna on the airplane. So, can the G3X GPS signal be shared with the GTX35R?
You can have the GPS signal sent to the G3X and that unit can distribute the signal to all the others. However you cannot split the signal at the antenna.