Wiring harness for VP-X-Pro and VP-X-Sport.
Includes about 550 feet (VP-X-Sport) 600 feet (VP-X-Pro) of Tefzel wiring, connectors, gold plated terminal pins, 5-conductor trim wire, backshell for connectors, shielded data wire, diodes, rubber boot, and assorted insulated crimp terminals. Wiring harness has power connector terminals crimped on wires.
(VP-X-Sport does not have components for the J8 connector)
The following items are also included:
(1) 8 pin power connector
(1) 10 pin power connector
(1) 12 pin power connector
(2) 25 pin dsub connector
(2) 25 pin dsub connector hood with thumbscrews
(40) D-sub pins (male and female)
(1) Rubber boot
(1) Pin removal tool (removes pins from power connectors)
(2) Diode for battery contactor and starter contactor
(2) 1K resistor for aux battery voltage and starter annunciator inputs
(1) Bag of assorted insulated crimp terminals
A 6 foot Ethernet crossover cable is included with the system to connect your laptop to the VP-X.
Arrived in good shape. All components were there. I give if four stars due to the high price.
No, the crimp tool is not required with wire harness. It is with the "connector kit only" version.
There are no specific components which go to the J8, this simply gives you 8 more options.