1-877-4-SPRUCE | firstname.lastname@example.org
Aircraft Spruce & Specialty Co.
Corona, CA | Chicago, IL
Wasilla, AK | Peachtree City, GA
Brantford, ON Canada
FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $350 (USA ONLY - SOME EXCLUSIONS APPLY) | 877-4-SPRUCE
MET-L-CHEK PENETRANT VP-30
MFR Model# M-VP-30-16
VP-30 is a visible (Type 2), water washable (Method A) and solvent removable (Method C) inspection penetrant. It is designed for use in general metalworking, welding, nuclear and automotive applications for surface flaw and
through leak detection. VP-30 has found wide use in the inspection of food and dairy processing equipment such as heat exchanges. Visible penetrants are not rated by sensitivity levels per AMS-2644 but are considered approximate to level 1 fluorescent penetrants. 50µ discontinuities are readily detected and under controlled conditions 30µ size defects may be high lighted by visible penetrants. ISO-3452-2005 does rate visible penetrants by sensitivity level with #2 being the most sensitive. VP-30 is a level 2 per this specifications requirements.
VP-30 is listed on the Qualified Products List for AMS-2644E. It meets the requirements of ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code, ASTM E-165, ASTM E-1417, and ISO- 3452-2005 for penetrant inspection materials. It is low in Sulfur, Chlorine, Fluorine and other Halogens, making it safe for use on Titanium and high Nickel alloys found in aerospace, medical and nuclear components.
Guide to METHOD "C" wipe off processing per ASTM E-1417-05
- Part must be clean, dry and at a temperature of 4.4°-52°C (40°- 125°F)
before penetrant is applied.
- Apply penetrant using spray, immersion, or wipe on.
- Wait a minimum of 10 minutes; 20 minutes if temperature is 4.4°-10°C
- Moisten cloth with remover and wipe penetrant from surface. Do
not spray remover on surface to remove penetrant, as sensitivity will
- Apply nonaqueous developer D-70, by spraying.
- Wait a minimum of 10 minutes before inspection.
- Use lighting of 1100 lux/m2 (100 footcandles) minimum.
- Form: red liquid
- Density: 801 g/L
- Flash Point: >62.2°C (>144°F)
- Viscosity: 2.4 mm2/s
- Water Tolerance: > 5%
- Corrosion of aluminum: none
- Corrosion of carbon steel: none
- Corrosion of magnesium: none
- Corrosion of stainless steel: none
- Corrosion of titanium: none
- Chloride content: < 50 ppm (< 0.005%)
- Fluoride content: < 50 ppm (< 0.005%)
- Sulfur content: < 150 ppm (< 0.015%)
- Mercury: none
- VOC's: 533 g/L
- Ozone layer depleting substances: none
- PCB's: none
- ASME B & PV code 07 sec V
- ASTM E-165
- ASTM E-1417
- Dassault IQ-1-0-1-20
- RCC-M rev 2000
- Customers Also Viewed
- Frequently Purchased With