1-877-4-SPRUCE | email@example.com
Aircraft Spruce & Specialty Co.
Corona, CA | Chicago, IL
Wasilla, AK | Peachtree City, GA
Brantford, ON Canada
THE AVIATION SUPERSTORE FOR ALL YOUR AIRCRAFT & PILOT NEEDS | 877-4-SPRUCE
MET-L-CHEK CLEANER/REMOVER E-59A
MFR Model# M-E-59A-16
E-59A is a class 2 (non-halogenated), Method C inspection penetrant remover. It is designed for use in the solvent wipe technique for penetrant inspection in general metalworking, welding, nuclear and automotive
applications. It is a moderate dry rate material and is ideal for penetrant wipe removal and pre-inspection surface cleaning. As a pre-cleaner it is sprayed directly on the test surface. As a penetrant remover it is sprayed onto wiping media and then the penetrant wiped from the surface.The remover should not be sprayed directly on to the test surface to remove the excess penetrant as the sensitivity will be impaired.
E-59A is listed on the Qualified Products List for AMS-2644E. It meets the requirements of AMS-2647, ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code, ASTM E-165, ASTM E-1417, and ISO- 3452-2005 for penetrant inspection materials. It is low in Sulfur, Chlorine, Fluorine and other Halogens, making it safe for use on Titanium and high Nickel alloys found in aerospace, medical and nuclear components.
E-59A contains flammable solvents and should not be used in confined spaces or near open flames or sparks.
Guide to METHOD "C" wipe off processing per ASTM E-1417-05
- Part must be clean, dry and at a temperature of 4.4-52°C (40- 125°F)
before penetrant is applied.
- Apply penetrant using spray, immersion, or wipe on.
- Wait a minimum of 10 minutes; 20 minutes if temperature is 4.4-10°C
- Moisten cloth with remover and wipe penetrant from surface. Do
not spray remover on surface to remove penetrant, as sensitivity will
- Apply nonaqueous developer D-70, by spraying.
- Wait a minimum of 10 minutes before inspection.
- For fluorescent Type 1 penetrants use UV-A illumination
of >1000 µw/cm2 @ 15inches (38.1 cm) in a darkened area of
<21 lux visible light (<2 footcandles). For visible Type 2 penetrants
use lighting of 1100 lux/m2 (100 footcandles) minimum.
- Form: clear liquid
- Density: 743 g/L (6.2 lb/gl)
- Flash Point: >12.7°C (>55°F)
- Fluorescence: none
- Corrosion of aluminum: none
- Corrosion of carbon steel: none
- Corrosion of magnesium: none
- Corrosion of stainless steel: none
- Corrosion of titanium: none
- Residue: < 0.005 g/100 ml
- Chloride content: < 50 ppm (< 0.005%)
- Fluoride content: < 50 ppm (< 0.005%)
- Sulfur content: < 100 ppm (< 0.01%)
- Mercury: none
- VOC's: 743 g/L
- Ozone layer depleting substances: none
- PCB's: none
- ASME B & PV code 07 sec V
- ASTM E-165
- ASTM E-1417
- RCC-M rev 2000
- Customers Also Viewed
- Frequently Purchased With