1-877-4-SPRUCE | email@example.com
Aircraft Spruce & Specialty Co.
Corona, CA | Chicago, IL
Wasilla, AK | Peachtree City, GA
Brantford, ON Canada
FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $350 (USA ONLY - SOME EXCLUSIONS APPLY) | 877-4-SPRUCE
3M GLASS CLOTH TAPE 398FRP
From $69.75 to $108.75
|3M™ GLASS CLOTH TAPE 398FRP 2"X36 YARDS|
|3M™ GLASS CLOTH TAPE 398FRP 3"X36 YARDS|
3M™ Glass Cloth Tapes 398FR and 398FRP (printed) offer flame-retardant solutions for cargo bays and other aerospace MRO applications.
3M™ Glass Cloth Tape 398FR is a flame retardant solution for cargo bays and other aerospace MRO applications. Pressure sensitive acrylic adhesive bonds on contact to many surfaces. High adhesion is secure for extended periods, resisting wear and spills. Removal is clean and easy when you are ready.
- Exceeds flame retardant standards (F.A.R. 25.853 (a) and 25.855 (d)
- Consistent performance when applied over existing tape splicing
- Conformable to properly splice uneven cargo panels while maintaining high durability to resist wear from heavy bags
- Maintains adhesion in climate and temperature variations
- Does not contain penta, octa or deca Brominated Diphenyl Ether Glass Cloth Tape 398FR Flame retardancy and superior adhesion for aircraft MRO (Maintenance Repair Operations) Cargo area Tedlar panel sealing Window sealing Seat repair Insulation splicing Component labels Other “fly-away” MRO Other cabin and frame applications
- EU compliant per directive 2003/11/EC of the European Parliament and the Council of February 6, 2003, regarding Council Directive 76/769/EEC
- Does not contain the heavy metal antimony trioxide
- Choice of F.A.R printed or unprinted backing and standard or skip slit liner
- Adhesion to Steel oz/in (N/100 mm) 38 (42)
- Adhesive Type Acrylic
- Backing Material Glass cloth
- Backing Thickness 5 mil
- Brand 3M
- Color White
- Elongation 7 Percent
- Industries General Industrial, Construction, Automotive, Aerospace, Specialty Vehicle, Transportation, Military & Government
- Length 36 Linear Yard
- Length (Metric) 32.91 m
- Maximum Operating Temperature (Celsius) 121 Degree Celsius
- Maximum Operating Temperature (Fahrenheit) 250 Degree Fahrenheit
- Meets Specifications F.A.R. 25.855(d), BMS 5-146, F.A.R. 25.853(a)
- Minimum Operating Temperature (Fahrenheit) -20 Degree Fahrenheit
- Product Form Roll
- Shelf Life 24 Months
- Tensile Strength lb/in (N/100 mm) 130 (2276)
- Total Thickness 7 mil
- Width 3 Inch, 2 Inch
- Width (Metric) 101.6 mm, 50.8 mm, 76.2 mm
- Cargo area Tedlar panel sealing
- Window sealing
- Seat repair
- Insulation splicing
- Component labels
- Other “fly-away” MRO
- Other cabin and frame applications
- Frequently Purchased With
The tape is strong and extremely durable (applications from a previous roll are intact years later). Its also very flexible: sticks tight around tight curves. My order was filled correctly and delivered promptly.
July 29, 2020
weatherproof , waterproof ,very durable
September 17, 2018
Please note, Aircraft Spruce's personnel are not certified aircraft mechanics and can only provide general support and ideas, which should not be relied upon or implemented in lieu of consulting an A&P or other qualified technician. Aircraft Spruce assumes no responsibility or liability for any issue or problem which may arise from any repair, modification or other work done from this knowledge base. Any product eligibility information provided here is based on general application guides and we recommend always referring to your specific aircraft parts manual, the parts manufacturer or consulting with a qualified mechanic.
Q: What is the shelf life of this 3M Glass Cloth Tape 398FRP?
This tape has a 24 month shelf life.
Q: Will this 3M GLASS CLOTH TAPE 398FRP accept paint?
The surface of the tape us smooth, and their is no mention if paint can be applied to it in the data sheet. There is no data advising if paint will adhere to this tape surface or not.