1-877-4-SPRUCE | email@example.com
Aircraft Spruce & Specialty Co.
Corona, CA | Chicago, IL
Wasilla, AK | Peachtree City, GA
Brantford, ON Canada
FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $350 (USA ONLY - SOME EXCLUSIONS APPLY) | 877-4-SPRUCE
FABRIC PRO DIGITAL COVERING FABRIC IRON
This digital iron is uniquely designed for heat shrinking fabric onto vintage aircraft and ultralights with fantastic results. The digital temperature control maintains temperature precisely – set it and forget it – no more calibrating and continuous adjustments. The base plate is twice the thickness of an ordinary iron keeping the temperature uniform across the plate. And the shovel tip will get you in and out of the tightest corners – without a wrinkle. Comes with a non-slip pad for setting down while in use, and an insulated storage bag that lets you put the iron away even if the base plate is still warm. Easy to travel with too. The guys will be fighting over who gets to use it — so get two!
Saves Time And Effort
- Fabric installation on fabric covered aircraft is a time-intensive art form. High dollars and aircraft performance and safety is at stake. The Fabric Pro Digital Iron is designed exclusively for shrinking Ceconite and similar materials. Clothes iron are not the right tool. Having to wait for an iron to get to optimal temperature and re-calibrate it frequently costs you in both labor and hanger time. With the Fabric Pro iron just set and forget...the digital control maintains the set base plate temperature all day and without constant calibration. The proprietary base plate made specifically thicker for aircraft fabric applications ensures more uniform temperatures and better finishes.
Endorsed by Poly Fiber and Ceconite
- For years, Poly Fiber and Ceconite, the major manufacturers of heat shrinkable aircraft fabric, searched for reliable household irons that they could recommend with confidence. Unfortunately, the quality of household laundry irons has degraded in recent years, resulting today in unreliable laundry irons that could not be calibrated accurately with the precision necessary for aviation. Thus, these manufacturers consulted with the manufacturer to produce a fabric iron with a built-in temperature feedback loop to insure accurate, consistent temperature. Both Poly Fiber and Ceconite now fully endorse and recommend Fabric Pro Irons.
- Fabric Pro Digital Iron - Perfomance and Precision
- Lightweight and compact
- Excellent on edges and corners
- Easy to read digital temperature readout
- Uniform heat plate creates a perfect finish
- Customers Also Viewed
- Frequently Purchased With
took awhile to get the iron to set desired temperature the first time, but after that it works great
July 7, 2020
Q: What size is the heating surface of the iron?
4 inch x 9 inch.
Q: What is the maximum temperature of the Fabric Pro iron?
The max temp for the iron is 355F.