1-877-4-SPRUCE | email@example.com
Aircraft Spruce & Specialty Co.
Corona, CA | Chicago, IL
Wasilla, AK | Peachtree City, GA
Brantford, ON Canada
FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $350 (USA ONLY - SOME EXCLUSIONS APPLY) | 877-4-SPRUCE
LONE STAR STEP UP 12V TO 24V CONVERTER
Add to cart for current price
MFR Model# LS03-05002B
Lone Star Aviation's new 12V STEP-UP Converter is the smallest (3" x5" x 2"), most efficient (93-95%) and the most versatile STEP-UP aircraft converter in our industry today. RTCA/DO 160D tested to operate 28V NAC/COM radio equipment such as KX 155, KX 165, KY 196A, KY 196B, and Motorola VHF transceivers on 12V aircraft. Additional 28V electronic devices are HSI, cameras, audio panels, battery backup systems, etc.
TSO : TSO-C71 / FAA APPROVED : LS03-05002-B
- Ultra-Small size: 2.5" x 4.5" x 2.0"
- Light Weight
- Potentiometer for output adjustments
- Universal Mounting
- LED Status Indicators
- Easy Installation
- Optional Connector: MS 3102 Receptacle
- Input Voltage: 9-20 Vdc
- Input Transient Surge protection: Mil Std-704D
- Input: Reverse polarity protection
- Output Voltage: 27.5 Vdc
- Output Current: 8 Amps, 10 Peak
- Efficiency: 90% (13.5 Vdc @ 8A)
- Short Circuit: Auto Recovery
- Over Voltage: 20 Vdc Max
- Over Current: 110-140% > 11.0A Auto Recovery
- Output Ripple: 20-25mVp-p
- Terminal Block: (4) Phillips Pan Head Screws
- MTBF: 100,000 Hrs./ According to Mil HBK 217F
- FAA Approvals: TSO- C71
- Altitude: 50,000 Ft
- Mechanical: 2.50W x 4.5L x 2.0H
- Weight: .70lbs, 320 grams
- Temperature: -55C to (+) 71C
- Circuit Protection: OV, UV, SC, SP, RP, OC
- Regulation Load: +/- .5%
- Ripple Input/Output: 20-25mVp-p
- Transient response time .5 ms
- TSO Category: Category A
- Customers Also Viewed
- Frequently Purchased With
Have two of these in two helicopters powering radar altimeters. Since 2009 have never had a unit failure. One ship it powers 28 V LED Nav lighting, even a short in the tail LED wiring did not damage unit. Very impressed.
July 13, 2017
Easy to install and verify operation - via the onboard LED light.
June 3, 2017
Worked for 1 month
August 30, 2018
Q: I have a garmin gns 530AW, will this converter handle the 16w transmitter?
Per the manufacturer: Yes, the step up converter (11-02888) will work with a 16w transmitter.
Q: Can this be used on a gps unit that is rated 24 volts in a piper with a 14 volt system?
No, this unit is tested to operate 28V NAV/COM radio equipment only.
Q: How many individual pieces of 28 volt equipment can you connect to a single converter?
Per the manufacturer, 8 amp but it is best to know your exact amp pull for each of your units to make sure you do not exceeds this units limits.
Q: Where is this Lone Star Step Up step up converter manufactured - COO?
These are made in the USA.
Q: Does Lone Star offer a warranty on this item?
Lone Star offers a one year limited warranty. Transportation costs provided by buyer.