1-877-4-SPRUCE | email@example.com
Aircraft Spruce & Specialty Co.
Corona, CA | Chicago, IL
Wasilla, AK | Peachtree City, GA
Brantford, ON Canada
FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $350 (USA ONLY - SOME EXCLUSIONS APPLY) | 877-4-SPRUCE
TRANS-CAL ALTITUDE ENCODER MODEL SSD120-35N-RS232
MFR Model# SSD120-35N-RS232
Introducting the smallest, lightest and lowest power consumption altitude encoder, the Nano.
The SSD120-35N-RS232 is an all solid-state Altitude Encoder. This device provides a rugged and reliable means of measuring air pressure and converting this measurement into the ICAO parallel data for Pressure Altitude Transmission.
This unit also provides altitude data on two asynchronous RS232 outputs. The serial data protocol is individually selectable for each output and is commonly used to provide pressure altitude data to GPS, Auto-Pilots, Transponders and other navigation devices.
Resolution of the serial altitude data may be set to 100 feet or 10 feet. A data protocol offering one-foot resolution is available, as well as one protocol offering altitude data in meters.
- The Best Warranty in the business: 42 months manufacture direct replacement. If your Trans-Cal encoder experiences a warranty covered failure, we will replace your unit with a brand new unit with a new 42 month warranty.
- Average MTBF: 9.7+ years. That’s right: Trans-Cal encoders are among the most reliable on the market, commonly providing reliable service for over 10 years.
- Pin for pin replacement for most other manufacturers encoders.
- Dual 1/8-27NPT Static Port Inlets
- One ICAO pressure altitude grey code output
- One RS-485 compliant data output
- Serial ports may be installer configured to transmit separate data protocols (message & baud rate)
- FAA TSO-C88a and EASA ETSO-C88a Approved
- Tested and Conforming to MIL-STD-704E and RTCA DO-160E
- Power, ground and data I/O lines provided on Industry Standard D-Subminiature Connectors
- Operating Voltage +10 to +33Vdc
- Operating Current: Low Altitude +12Vdc @ 220mA / +28VDc @ 270mA
- Operating Current: High Altitude +12Vdc @ 55mA / +28Vdc @ 60mA
- Operating Temperature Range: -20° to +70°C
- Operating Altitude Ranges: -1200 up to +35,000 feet
- Weight: Low Altitude 5.9oz. / High Altitude 6.8oz.
- Aluminum housing treated to resist corrosion
- Customers Also Viewed
- Frequently Purchased With
- Related Items