1-877-4-SPRUCE | email@example.com
Aircraft Spruce & Specialty Co.
Corona, CA | Chicago, IL
Wasilla, AK | Peachtree City, GA
Brantford, ON Canada
THE AVIATION SUPERSTORE FOR ALL YOUR AIRCRAFT & PILOT NEEDS | 877-4-SPRUCE
BELITE FUEL PROBE SYSTEM 1/8 INCH PROBES
MFR Model# FPS-018
The Belite liquid level / fuel probe is designed to sense fuel or liquid level of any type and provide an electrical indication to instrumentation along a range of 0 to 5 volts. The unit is not TSO’d or PMA’d. Use only in appropriate aircraft as a backup to certified instruments and pilot calculations. Ideal for monitoring level of liquid in many other applications, such as agricultural spraying.
- Stainless steel construction, 304L.
- High precision pressure sensor, accurate +/- 2% absolute.
- No moving parts. Based on MEMS technology.
- Designed to be immune to temperature, shock, and vibration.
- Will not fail if water is present in fuel (unlike capacitive probes).
- Compatible with any tank size or depth to 48”; other options available.
- Long term stability 0.5% per year.
- Operating temperature range -40 to 100 degrees C (Probe Only).
- Compatible with 9 to 14 volts input power.
- Provides linear output of 0.0 to 5.0 volts (empty / full).
- Built in exceptional slosh filtering and optional G filtering.
- Includes five point calibration for empty, ¼, ½, ¾, and full tank.
- Custom calibrations available. Contact factory.
- Alarm output active if <25% full. Contact factory for other alarm options.
- Provides liquid level indication between empty and full, for any tank with a minimum height of 6 inches (150mm) and a maximum height of 48 inches (1200mm); other options available.
- The electrical output of the product varies between 0.0 volts and 5.0 volts.
- Asserts “ALARM” when the tank is filled to less than 25% of calibrated capacity.
- Provides active low current sink to 15 ma.
- Includes an electrical slosh filter with an approximate time constant of 40 seconds.
- NOTE: if a tank was quickly evacuated due to a gross rupture or failure, the system may require up to two minutes to fully reflect an “empty” condition.
- Parts included are Liquid Probe with pigtail, Probe Computer Module & 9V connector.
Technical DesignThis product incorporates the following technical elements:
- Microprocessor with RAM & firmware
- Input A / D converter
- Output D / A converter
- Slosh Filter
- G sensor (optional)
- Highly stable voltage supply for probe
- Very low power consumption – approximately 10 milliamperes total consumption, with 7 milliamperes in the fuel probe
- Fuel level
- Liquid level in many other applications such as agricultural spraying
- Misfueling monitor
In The Box
- Stainless steel liquid level probe with wiring harness for attachment to Probe Computer Module.
- Probe Computer Module with five point calibration.
- Power pigtail to Module, with 9V connector for testing.
- Customers Also Viewed
- Frequently Purchased With
Item came well packaged with nice complete wiring, etc. Iâ€™m using with a $45 2â€¯ round 0-5v gauge because Belizeâ€™s $250 instrument didnâ€™t seem reasonable. It works perfectly but took some effort to figure out as the wire colors in the instructions did not match. Nor did it give hookup for using gauge other than theirs.
April 26, 2020
Q: Can this probe be installed on bottom of fuel tank?
Yes, the probe can be installed on the bottom of the tank.
Q: Can this probe system be used with other capacitive Fuel gauges like UMA?
It most likely can, but we recommend using like kind probes.