|Toxic, odorless, tasteless gas produced by incomplete combustion or gasoline, kerosene, natural gas, butane, fuel oil, wood, coal or anywhere fossil fuels are burned. Dangerous levels of CO come from internal combustion engines such as cars, airplanes, and lawn mowers or from any poorly vented or improperly adjusted fuel burning appliance.|
Very convenient - no excuse for not having one in the plane.
Simple and super easy. Ive used been using one (replace every 6 months) for several years now. The dot turning dark warned me about an exhaust leak long before it got bad enough to actually smell. Cheap and it works.
I am rating this 3 stars because at 11 months from opening (2/20/2019), holding it in front of my auto exhaust muffler for three minutes produced no darkening - zip. I am buying 3 more and will try the test again with one brand new, hope it clears, and again monthly until I find the sweet spot for replacement. Based on this I would agree the folks who state a six months replacement schedule if it passes the test above.
Adhesive strip on the back is practically useless will not stay attached to the instrument panel.
This carbon monoxide detector (09-35600) should be replaced every 12-months.
12 months is correct.
A clear reaction shows between a level of 100ppm and 200ppm (Parts Per Million - ppm). Within approximately 30 minutes depending on humidity. At 200ppm exposure over many hours, the symptoms of CO poisoning would be a slight headache and perhaps some dizziness.
Approx 2 inch x 2 inch.