1-877-4-SPRUCE | firstname.lastname@example.org
Aircraft Spruce & Specialty Co.
Corona, CA | Chicago, IL
Wasilla, AK | Peachtree City, GA
Brantford, ON Canada
FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $350 (USA ONLY - SOME EXCLUSIONS APPLY) | 877-4-SPRUCE
MFR Model# L1017
Note: Part # 12-00171 is a basic lathe only, not entire system as pictured. This does not come with a motor or pulleys. Includes steel Lathe bed, Carriage and cross-slide, and the headstock. All accessories are sold separately.
This is the machine you don't have to "baby". The Micro Lathe is a rugged, precision instrument. Its machined, ground and stabilized steel bed has a lifetime ball bearing spindle, coupled w/ a 6-speed positive v-belt drive. Spindle speeds in geometric progression from 525-5200rpm pro- vide the power to "HOG" 1/8" cuts in mild steel or the speedand accuracy to dust a few tenths. Other big lathe features include large .001 graduations on the cross slide dial, an all-angle tool post and a carriage depth stop. Adjustable gibs provide full compensation for carriage and cross slide wear. 2-yr. factory warranty. Comes factory assembled.
Unit pictured is basic unit (P/N 12-00171) optional 3-Jaw Chuck, Boring bar(1097E), Tailstock (1150), Drill Chuck (1091), 1/4 HP 1725 RPM Motor (1021w), Motor Mount Bracket (1022), Mounting Board (1023), and Pulleys (1162 with 3M 500 belt). All accessories are sold separately and are not included in the base price.
- Overall working accuracy: 0.0005"
- Max. bearing run out: 0.0004"
- Headstock normality to bed: .0004 in max. error
- Max. taper bed dovetail over pins: 0.0001"
- All machine dovetails: 45°
- Bed width: 2-5/16 "
- Cross slide dial graduation: 0.001
- Cross slide screw: 1/4"-20 adjustment for back- lash take-up provided (jam nut arrangement)
- Carriage travel: 0.600" 1 rev. of hand wheel
- Max. spindle speed recommended: 7000 rpm
- Motor requirement: 1/8 1/4 HP
- Pulley type: Std. 5/8" bore, multi-step V-belt
- Length of headstock on ways: 2.875"
- Length of carriage on ways: 3.000"
- Width of cross slide on carriage: 2.0"
- Tool post: may be adjusted for angle cutting (chamfer, boring, etc.)
- Spindle Specs:
- Sealed precision ball: 1.5748 O.D. 0.6692 I.D.
- Spindle nose: 3/4" 16 (3/4" SAE)
- Spindle hole: 0.343
- Spindle ID taper: 15° (30° included)
- Max. collet diameter: 9/32"
- Pulley size: 5/8" bore
- Swing over bed: 4.5"(max. turning dia.)
- Swing over cross slide: 2-3/8"
- Overall length of bed: 15.5"
- Tool bit size: 1/4"* Drill chuck capacity: 0 to 1/2"
- Overall length of lathe: 15.5
- Distance between centers: 9.75"
- Carriage travel: 9"
- Cross slide travel: 1.75"
- Customers Also Viewed
- Frequently Purchased With
Q: What is included in this basic Micro Lathe package? Is it just the headstock and bed? And, what is the largest chuck for this?
Per the supplier: The basic unit, part # 12-00171, is just the headstock, bed, rack and carriage crosslide assembly. Our chuck is part no 12-01602 and is a 3/4-16 chuck.