Whelen Single Light Remote Systems - Model A470A

Select Lens Color:


A remote strobe light assembly, compatible with all Whelen power supplies. It can be installed on the fuselage or the vertical fin. The unique polycarbonate optic lens and reflector design, re-directs stray light rays into the horizontal plane to provide the maximum 360 degrees of uniform light coverage possible. Available in three different lens colors, Aviation Red, Aviation White and Split Aviation Red/White. Available in radio-shielded configurations. All assemblies require either the model H102 or H103 mounting adapter.
California Prop 65 Warning Symbol

WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm -


  • Drawing Number: 70019
  • Weight: 0.3 lbs. (136gm)
  • Exposed Height: 3.75 (95mm)
  • Diameter: 2.5 (64mm)
  • Approvals: FAA/PMA
  • Accessories
  • Frequently Purchased With
  • Customers Also Viewed


Very good light, fit perfectly as a replacement.

Robert A Verified Purchase


August 28, 2021

Make sure you drill the hole in the bottom of the strobe if it is to be mounted on the bottom of aircraft. I made the mistake of not drilling and had to buy a new one due to water collecting in the unit.

Kevin M
September 9, 2018

Whelen lighting products are good quality but grossly overpriced. And in the last 2 or 3 years the prices of many of their things like LED beacons have increased 30% or more.

May 4, 2021

This item should come with a new connector for the wires, my did not

October 14, 2017


Please note, Aircraft Spruce's personnel are not certified aircraft mechanics and can only provide general support and ideas, which should not be relied upon or implemented in lieu of consulting an A&P or other qualified technician. Aircraft Spruce assumes no responsibility or liability for any issue or problem which may arise from any repair, modification or other work done from this knowledge base. Any product eligibility information provided here is based on general application guides and we recommend always referring to your specific aircraft parts manual, the parts manufacturer or consulting with a qualified mechanic.

Q: Does this kit come with the curled strobe tube bulb or is this a different type of strobe bulb? My current install that I need to replace has a curled strobe tube.

Yes, this model A470A includes the curly bulb type. If you keyword search A470, the first result will be a parts breakdown which will show you the bulb you will receive.

View in Catalog

View Image View in Catalog