1-877-4-SPRUCE | email@example.com
Aircraft Spruce & Specialty Co.
Corona, CA | Chicago, IL
Wasilla, AK | Peachtree City, GA
Brantford, ON Canada
THE AVIATION SUPERSTORE FOR ALL YOUR AIRCRAFT & PILOT NEEDS | 877-4-SPRUCE
MGL VEGA ALT-5 ALTIMETER / VSI
MFR Model# ALT-5
The ALT-5 for Experimental / LSA aircraft is a 2 1/4” sunlight readable encoding altimeter and a wide range vertical speed indicator. The altimeter contains an internal high accuracy 24 bit digital altitude sensor which calculates altitude from -1000 ft up to a maximum of 35000 ft. The ALT-5 outputs various formatted RS232 serial data protocols compatible with serial input transponders such as that from Garmin, Magellan, Northstar, Trimble, Microair etc. The altimeter can display altitude in feet or meters and local pressure can be set in millibars or inches of mercury.
The VSI indicator can be displayed in either feet/minute (ft/min) or meters/second (m/s). The VSI can be calibrated by the user once the instrument has been installed in the aircraft.
The ALT-5 also features a user settable altitude bug and an encoder test function. The ALT-5 provides a parallel Gillham code interface when used in conjunction with the MGL Avionics CNV-ALT.
- An internal high accuracy 24 bit digital altitude sensor calculates altitude from –1000 ft up to a maximum of 35000 ft (-304m to 10668m)
- The ALT-5 outputs various formatted RS232 serial data protocols compatible with serial input transponders such as that from Garmin, Magellan, Northstar, Trimble, Microair etc.
- Provides a parallel Gillham code interface for transponders when used in combination with the MGL Avionics CNV-ALT
- Built in encoder test function
- The altimeter can display altitude in feet or meters
- Local pressure can be set in millibars or inches of mercury
- Contains a wide range VSI indicator from +/-20 ft/min to as high as +/-10000 ft/min
- VSI units can be in feet/minute (ft/min) or in meters/second (m/s)
- User settable altitude bug
- Customers Also Viewed
- Frequently Purchased With
- Related Items
Q: What is the depth of the gauge? What is the distance from mounting flange to tip of pitot tube. Can pitot tube be removed to install angled fitting?
The depth from the bezel is 1.65". No, you cannot remove the Pitot Tube.