1-877-4-SPRUCE | email@example.com
Aircraft Spruce & Specialty Co.
Corona, CA | Chicago, IL
Wasilla, AK | Peachtree City, GA
Brantford, ON Canada
EVERYTHING FOR PLANES AND PILOTS SINCE 1965 | 877-4-SPRUCE
MGL VEGA MAP-3 MANIFOLD PRESSURE / RPM TEMP
MFR Model# MAP-3
The MAP-3 for Experimental / LSA aircraft is a 2 1/4” sunlight readable Manifold pressure indicator which can simultaneously display RPM and temperature from a universal RPM and temperature input.
The manifold pressure display is also available in the form of a scalable analog bar graph if the RPM input is not displayed. The MAP-3 also has a Hobbs meter (can be set to the current engine time) which is password protected, an engine running timer/flight timer and a programmable maintenance timer to schedule routine engine maintenance. The MAP-3 also features a programmable low/high alarm for manifold pressure, RPM and temperature, a handy magneto check function to easy diagnose magneto problems as well as it records the maximum manifold pressure, RPM and temperature reached in permanent memory.
The MAP-3 can also be interfaced via the CAN bus to an external RDAC unit (Remote Data Acquisition Computer). This allows for easier installation as the RDAC unit is normally mounted in the engine compartment.
- Advanced fuel computer with various modes of operation
- Supports single or dual fuel tanks
- The FF-4 can connect to one or two fuel flow senders, fuel level senders or fuel injectors
- The FF-4 can connect to a single fuel pressure sender
- Differential fuel flow calculations are also supported for fuel return systems
- The FF-4 has the ability to connect to a NMEA enabled RS232 GPS receiver for range based calculations. It can also accept a manually entered estimate cruising speed if a GPS is not available.
- Standard automotive fuel level senders can be used, even with odd shaped tanks due to a comprehensive, multi-point calibration system
- External RDAC interfacing via the CAN bus
- An external output activates when an alarm condition has been reached
- Customers Also Viewed
- Frequently Purchased With
- Related Items
Q: Is this item [Vega MAP 3] STCd, TSOd or PMAd?
If it is NOT a primary instrument, can it be installed with just a 337 -- Not looking to do a Field Approval.
No. This unit does not have any certifications and can only be installed in experimental/lsa aircraft.
Q: Does it come with a OAT sensor?
Per MGL: MGL Vega MAP-3 has a built in sensor.