Adjust the vertical alignment of your wheels with these camber adjustment shims.
How to Select the Proper Axle Shim
1. Support the aircraft in level flying attitude.
2. Chalkline the center-line of the aircraft onto the floor. Do this by connecting a mark on the floor from directly beneath the center of the firewall (use a plumb-bob) and from directly beneath the center of the tail (also using a plumb-bob).
3. Place a 36" straight edge against the outside of the tire. It should be parallel with the floor and approximately centered on the wheel.
4. Make a mark on the floor directly beneath each end of the 36" straight edge. Use a plumb-bob or square for this.
5. Measure and record distances D-1 and D-2. These are the distances between the marks in step 4 and the aircraft center-line.
6. Calculate Delta D, which is the difference between D-1 and D-2. Delta D changes by 0.157" for each 1/4".
To Change Delta D by 0.10" - 0.25" Use 1/4" Shim To Change Delta D by 0.25" - 0.40" Use 1/2" Shim To Change Delta D by 0.40" - 0.55" Use 3/4" Shim