1-877-4-SPRUCE | firstname.lastname@example.org
Aircraft Spruce & Specialty Co.
Corona, CA | Chicago, IL
Wasilla, AK | Peachtree City, GA
Brantford, ON Canada
THE AVIATION SUPERSTORE FOR ALL YOUR AIRCRAFT & PILOT NEEDS | 877-4-SPRUCE
DIGESIL NCX - GALLON
MFR Model# 3005-120
Digesil stripping agents are unique formulations that remove silicone RTV sealants from metal, ceramic, and plastic substrates. The top silicone producers are GE, Dow, and Wacker. Silicone RTV is difficult to remove completely since it actually bond into surface/substrate.
The typically, sealant removal method requires scraping that results in damaging the substrate. There are also products that try to "dissolve" the sealants but due to their inertness, this does not work. Digesil however, reacts with the polymer chemically and breaks it down so it can be rinsed away without damage to the surface/substrate. This offers significant advantages over other removal methods. Digesil is a specialty blended chemistry that wet and penetrate the silicone polymer and relatively quickly break it down. This depolymerization prevents redeposition of the reaction by-products and allow for easy rinsing.
Digesil is also available as a gel for use in vertical, inverted and non-immersion applications. Digesil is effective at removing silicone RTV sealants at room temperature, is fast acting, has a high flash point for safety and contains less than 0.2% aromatics.
- Digesil® NC Xtra Strength de-polymerizes uncured and cured silicone elastomers, resins, oils, and greases from components, surfaces, tools, electronics and process equipment used in engineering, construction, and glazing industries. Digesil NC Xtra Strength is effective and fast working. It has a high flash point for safety and contains less than 0.2% aromatics.
- Important: In all cases water must not be added to Digesil NC or be present on the surface to be cleaned as this will stop Digesil NC Xtra Strength from working.
- For best results, immerse the part to be cleaned.
- Digesil will remain effective through 5-10 uses of the cleaning solution or until the action stops.
- The effectiveness of the used solution can be enhanced by adding fresh Digesil NC.
- Digesil will loosen and debond cured silicone residues in 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Agitation will decrease removal time.
- For best results, rinse the part well with isopropanol and then water.
- Although the silicone may not break apart on its own, once the part is agitated or the silicone disturbed, it will fall off the substrate.
- Quickly dissolves cured silicone
- Leaves a silicone free surface
- Chlorinated and fluorinated solvent free
- Negligible aromatic solvent content
- Environmentally responsible
- Low odor for operator comfort
- High flash point for safety
- Low density for ease of handling
- Rinses with water or solvent
- Safe on glass, metal, and most plastic (except nylon)
- Safe on paint and powder coating
- Water free
- Customers Also Viewed
- Frequently Purchased With
- Related Items
Q: Will this work with B1/2 fuel tank sealant ? If not what is a recommended stripper
You would want Polygone 310 to remove fuel tank sealants.