1-877-4-SPRUCE | email@example.com
Aircraft Spruce & Specialty Co.
Corona, CA | Chicago, IL
Wasilla, AK | Peachtree City, GA
Brantford, ON Canada
FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS OVER $350 (USA ONLY - SOME EXCLUSIONS APPLY) | 877-4-SPRUCE
MGL COLOR TEMPERATURE / PRESSURE / VOLTS DISPLAY VEGA SERIES
Add to cart for current price
MFR Model# TP-3
The TP-3 is a 2 1/4” sunlight readable 4 channel universal analog input color display instrument. Each channel can be individually programmed to display either pressure, temperature, current or volts from a universal analog input that can interface to many sensors such as oil temperature, coolant temperature, oil pressure, fuel pressure, manifold pressure, boost pressure and many more.
The TP-3 can display any combination of 1 to 4 analog channels in a horizontal / vertical bargraph or a numeric display format.
Pressure can be measured using standard automotive resistive senders (e.g. VDO 2, 5 and 10 Bar), Rotax 4-20mA senders as well as voltage output pressure senders (e.g. UMA). Temperature can be measured using standard automotive resistive senders (e.g. VDO, Westach) as well as the MGL Avionics precision LM335 semiconductor sensor. In addition the temperature, pressure and current inputs can be programmed to a user defined curve for custom senders.
All analog channels have a programmable low and high alarm. This results in a contact closure that is typically used to switch a warning lamp on. The TP-3 also records the minimum and maximum values reached for each channel in permanent memory.
The TP-3 can also be interfaced via the CAN bus to an external RDAC unit (Remote Data Acquisition Computer). This allows for easier installation as the RDAC unit is normally mounted in the engine compartment.
- Large 1.8” high resolution 160x128, sunlight readable, wide viewing angle, 1000 cd/m2 TFT LCD display
- Four universal analog inputs that can be used for pressure / temperature / current or volts
- Pressure can be measured using standard automotive resistive senders (e.g. VDO 2, 5 and 10Bar), Rotax
- 4-20mA senders as well as voltage output pressure senders (e.g. UMA)
- Temperature can be measured using standard automotive resistive senders (e.g. VDO, Westach) as well
- as the MGL Avionics precision LM335 semiconductor sensor
- High accuracy: Built in linearization curves for common senders
- Analog channels can be programmed to a user defined curve for custom senders
- Supports the Rotax 4-20mA pressure sender as used in the 912/914 engines
- Temperatures can be displayed in ºC or ºF
- Pressure can be displayed in psi or bar
- Records minimum and maximum values reached for each channel
- External RDAC (Remote Data Acquisition Computer) interfacing via the CAN bus
- Standard 2 1/4” aircraft enclosure (can be front or rear mounted)
- Rotary control plus 2 independent buttons for easy menu navigation and user input
- An external output activates when a high alarm condition has been reached
- Wide input supply voltage range of 8 to 30V DC with built in voltage reversal and over voltage protection
- for harsh electrical environments
- 1 year limited warranty
- Customers Also Viewed
- Frequently Purchased With
- Related Items
This instrument gives accurate reading and is highly customizable. Just about any sensor can be used or you can calibrate it to a user defined sensor. I calibrated a thermister to read carb temp and it works wonderfully.
December 20, 2018
Q: Can MGL TP-3 be used to monitor EGT?
Per the Manufacturer, no, the TP-3 can not be used to monitor EGT.